This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 8 bricked- desperate

suicidal-zf8
Star II

Out of nowhere, my Zenfone 8 has died. Its a complete brick. It worked fine, I restarted it, checked in a few minutes later, and it showed absoluetly no signs of life. Not even a LED light flashing when plugged in, no sounds when pluigging in, doesn't respond to button presses.... nothing. Its a brick.

I had important documents, a lot of sentimental pictures, a whole host of voice notes..... and all is lost. It has left me sad, broken, suicidal... I mean, I lost so **bleep**ing much I might as well hang myself now.

It has been manufactured on 2021.04. Warranty is long gone.

I see that its a growing trend... and it doesn't make it any easier.

I haven't seen any ways to restore the data. All I want is the **bleep**ing data. You don't exactly count on your phone becoming a brick, so while it is my fault for not backign it up propperly and timely, I am nevertheless a victim of obviously bad manufacturing as the data can just randomly be lost without a way to recover it.

Is there any way to  recover the data? Transplating the NAND, anything??? Is there a fix to this? What do we know about it? Will there be a class action lawsuit? How many phones are gone?

Asus, sincierly, go **bleep** yourself. On my phone I even had "if found return to ----- for a reward", discouraging anyone from stealing or anything... but you just cant prepeare against a system failiure such as this,.

I just need my data back.

6 REPLIES 6

nvubu
Rising Star I

@suicidal-zf8  Another poster has mentioned that a technician in his region may have a fix. It is in one of the bricked phone threads - sorry, not sure which one. Check the long one linked above first and then work forward in date from that.

It will be on page 5 or 6 of the thread list I think.

Thanks, I'll be looking into that