This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading to Android 13, broke some bluetooth apps, any solution?

wanijkesv
Star I
Two apps (EliteHRV & HRV4Training) that connect to a Polar H10 chest HRM strap, find the strap, but fail to get data. Whoop strap: similarly the phone finds the strap but fails to pair. Oura ring: connects and syncs data fine Scanwatch: connects and syncs fine Maybe it's BLE related or something, I can't figure out. I resetted Bluetooth, many reboots, changed the battery optimization of the Bluetooth system app. Reinstalled the problematic apps. No luck so far.
5 REPLIES 5

InteRadek
Rising Star I

Many people struggle with this problem. It is for example mentioned in the thread: https://zentalk.asus.com/t5/zenfone-8/bluetooth-issues-with-android-13-update/td-p/357546

After update to Android 13 I can't use my Suunto Smart Heart Rate Belt and I also can't connect to my OBD2 ELM327 Diagnostic Interface.

I'm currently considering downgrading to Android 12 as this is a big problem for me.

gabriell
Star I

It sounds like you've already done some troubleshooting to try and resolve the issue with your EliteHRV and HRV4Training apps not getting data from your Polar H10 chest HRM strap, as well as the issue with your phone not pairing with your Whoop strap. Here are some additional steps you can try:

1. Check for software updates: Make sure that your apps, phone, and HRM strap firmware are all up to date. Sometimes, software updates can fix bugs and improve connectivity.

2. Unpair and repair your devices: Try unpairing your HRM strap from your phone and repairing them again. Sometimes, this can help resolve connectivity issues.

3. Reset your HRM strap: Try resetting your HRM strap to its default settings. This can be done by removing the battery for a few minutes and then replacing it.

4. Check your phone's Bluetooth settings: Make sure that your phone's Bluetooth settings are turned on and that it's in range of your HRM strap. Also, make sure that your phone is not connected to any other Bluetooth devices that could be interfering with the connection.

5. Contact the app and device support teams: If none of the above steps work, it's possible that there may be an issue with the apps or devices themselves. Contact the support teams for your EliteHRV and HRV4Training apps, as well as the manufacturers of your HRM strap and Whoop strap. They may be able to provide additional troubleshooting steps or offer a replacement if necessary.

In summary, try checking for software updates, unpairing and repairing your devices, resetting your HRM strap, checking your phone's Bluetooth settings, and contacting the support teams for your apps and devices if all else fails. Good luck!

InteRadek
Rising Star I

This issue affects many phones (Asus Zenfone 8, Asus Zenfone 9, Xiaomi Poco F3, Redmi Note 10 Pro, Sony Xperia 10 III, Oppo Find X3 Neo, etc.). Many heart rate monitors (Polar H10, Suunto Sports Tracker Smart Sensor, TacX T1994, Garmin HRM-DUAL etc.) do not work with these phones. This applies to many apps (Polar Beat, Elite HRV, Sports Tracker, Strava, SmartRow, etc.).
The problem is Android 13, which after sending the ATT_READ_MULTIPLE_REQ command does not support the response from the heart rate monitor.
The only company that can fix this problem is Android 13 manufacturer Google.
My Zenfone 8 is still under warranty so I contacted Asus tech support, gave them detailed logs and asked them to escalate to Google. I hope they'll be up to the task.

gabriell
Star I

If you are having trouble connecting your Polar H10 chest HRM strap or Whoop strap to certain apps, but they connect and sync fine with other devices, such as your  https://www-paymydoctor.com/
Oura ring or Scanwatch, it could be related to Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) compatibility or connectivity issues https://caregiverconnect.wiki/