cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to unlock bootloader

fraksken
Star II
Hello,
I had to send my phone in for repairs and got it back, but now i seem to be unable to unlock the bootloader.
Just like in the following discussion: https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/59768/zenfone-8-i006d-failed-to-unlock-the-device-please-try-...
@Kris_ASUS I see you managed to fix the issues in that thread, could you please give me a hand?
Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

keren_ASUS
Hi @fraksken
Can you let me know what you have done so far to try and unlock the bootloader. Also make sure that you're using the latest version (Version V1.0.0.7).
asus.com/Mobile/Phones/ZenFone/Zenfone-8/HelpDesk_Download/

fraksken
Star II
Hi @keren_ASUS
I have uninstalled the unlock application, downloaded it again and ran it.
It now appears to be giving no error. Worth mentioning perhaps. The first installation of the application was done with adb. The second time I installed from the filesystem.
Thanks for your fast response 🙂

willjoe2442
Star III
Android bootloaders are typically proprietary software and based on the Qualcomm bootloader Little Kernel. In the context of Android, it is also called OEM Unlock. The bootloaders of Nexus devices can be unlocked by using the fastboot command OEM unlock

Regards,
Will

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.