This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To Asus and all owners of a dead Zenfone 8

leoncarrera
Rising Star I

By now is it clear the Asus Zenfone 8 has a weakness when it comes to its motherboard. Phones are dying in very comparable situations; after installing an update or patch and/ or when charging. The died phones show the same state: a sudden black screen, no response on buttons or screen, sometimes an orange fast blinking LED for about ten seconds when the charger is attached, after which also this stops blinking. Even the life duration of the phones are alike when this happens;  around two years.  Some people are lucky that it can be repaired under warranty, most aren't when warranty has just expired.

All of the phones which were repaired received a new motherboard. So also in here the fix seems comparable. Or at least not repairable with a soldering or partial replacement of other components. There is no wide variety of repairs to be found on ZenTalk on this. 

This issue goes beyond individual or even wrong use, a single faulty or unfortunate phone. All phones that died did this in comparable situations and after comparable life times. There is something wrong with the design or components of the Zenfone 8, or at least a batch, which can't be put on warranty alone when it comes to a repair. 

Asus, please take this matter and your clients serious. At least more then you have proven till this date. Asus can't just address this matter with the initial question if the phone is still under the warranty. Asus does know what the technical issues are with these phones, so please then also take your responsibility. Asus put this premium phone on the market at a premium price. This comes with an expected life duration that goes beyond a hard line of just 24 months. Warranty is for specific situations. These dying Zenfones are not specific. It is a general issue. So please handle it as such.

Can Asus confirm that they will keep addressing issues regarding these dying Zenfones as individual technical matters? And thus with warranty as strict and main component to define if Asus or customers are financially responsible for further action? And if so, what is their response to these resembling dying phones that Asus will keep holding onto this strict warranty duration when it is clear customers can't be held responsible for their broken Zenfones, since they die during normal use or especially after installing new and updated Asus firmware?

To all users of a died Zenfone 8: please add your phone to this thread, when it died (lifetime) and on which occurence. 

Kind regards,
León

216 REPLIES 216

I had a poco x3 pro that did exactly the same bleep like mentioned above. And then worked again after the battery got some fresh air. Also from where you know it was 100% a motherboard problem?

nvubu
Rising Star I

Surprise surprise not a Zenfone 8 - so completely irrelevant information. Please stop posting on this thread as it is complete and utter nonsense for the issue everyone has had / is having.

And just to satisfy your curiosity - I know it was the m/b from my warranty repair by ....  ASUS, the manufacturer.

Please everybody else, stop responding to this troll - as that is what he really is.

Why so toxic, i want to provide help, and i think asus will surely not care what is with your phones, would be good if a mod could possibly say its indeed a motherboard fault. And dont think if that is not a zenfone it doesn't matter, guess what the poco x3 pro have the exact same problem with being dead and also people claim that its a motherboard issue what could be really are, but in my case it was just a really dead battery, no matter what it showed before as precentage. It was also just dead and then after 1 day dissconecting the battery from the motherboard it worked again. I will advice that to people where really nothing get recognized in device manager in windows after 10 sec power both volume buttons pressed and warranty over. A motherboard replacement will not give you your data

G3W0
Star II

I had the same problem yesterday

Manufacture date: 04/2021
Purchased: 07/2021 (so out of warranty)
Not rooted or unlocked

Yesterday I opened an app - suddenly the screen went out

It is totally unresponsive. Holding the power button (or any combination of volume button + power button) didn't work. It's not getting warm when plugging a charger. Holding buttons during charging has also no effect.

I loved my zenfone 8 but this is disappointing. 

Sorry you joined the ever growing bricked team. With this breakdown the phone does not heat up anymore indeed when connecting to a charger. The OS and thus mb and cpu simply aren't in control anymore. Nothing else then disappointing. And that is lightly put. I hope you didn't lost much data, since this can't be recovered when you even thinking about repair. This will only bring the phone back to life, not your data. 

Don't bother yourself to frustration with trying endlessly to get the phone back to life with charging, buttons, hooking it up to a PC etcetera. Many went this route before you. Without result. This matter still should be addressed by Asus as a defect beyond customer control and responsibility and followed up by a cost free repair. Reading this tread you probably know they won't and they choose to leave you with a bricked premium phone far within the expected life span you opted and payed for.