This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So no more security updates for Android 11 on Asus Zen 8?

casafusi
Star III
Hello guys and girls, sorry but so after the ridiculous update to Android 12 just for "hackers" and not for poor old people like me means no more updates for Android 11 ? This is a joke or it is real?
12 REPLIES 12

Blumi
Rising Star II
casafusi

Hello guys and girls, sorry but so after the ridiculous update to Android 12 just for "hackers" and not for poor old people like me means no more updates for Android 11 ? This is a joke or it is real?

So no more security updates for Android 11 on Asus Zen 8?
It is like this everywhere. Or course, if you download it to your phone and update, it will just work.

casafusi
Star III
Sorry but others phone update OTA......this one is not

erik_paladin
Rising Star I
Wow, I didn't realise downloading and copying files to a phone is considered "hacking" now...

Iceman11
Star III
erik.paladin

Wow, I didn't realise downloading and copying files to a phone is considered "hacking" now...

View post
When a company promises 2 major Android updates they must do it in a way that all the users can receive it.
I doubt that no tech savvy users know what root directory is (and they don't care as well). Since smartphones are consumer grade equipment they should be easy to use and update.
I had several Android smartphones and this one is the only one that should be updated manually to the most recent Android version. Hopefully this situation will last only till Asus manage to fix all the problems with Android 12 and release an OTA update after that. Otherwise the not tech users are getting only 8 months of software support which is just ridiculous.