This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I buy a Zenfone 8 in 2023?

spicecourt
Star I

I need to buy e new phone in the next few days, and I would like to have a compact phone, and Zenfone is the one I like the most! Through my research, I came across a Zenfone 8 for 429 euros. This phone and price attempt me, but I am not sure if I should buy this one due to the older release date and few updates offered by ASUS. I would like to have a Zenfone 9, but 800 euros feels way too much, and an iPhone mini would be more compact for the same price. Many comparators I used say that at this price, instead of a Zenfone 8 or 9, I should buy a Galaxy S21 FE (350 euros). In other subs, Pixel is the most recommended, and Zenfone is not even mentioned in the recommendations.

4 REPLIES 4

Hen2426
Star III

Read the complaints on this board. An update to Android 13 made the WiFi function unavailable. I wouldn't touch any phone this company makes with a ten foot pole.

And no more software updates.

I think it would be a very bad deal.

Glecas
Star III

I own the ZenFone 8 and it still rocks! 😎 Yes, I have upgraded to the latest Android 13 and I have NO issues with Wi-Fi. It takes great footage and video and I love it for its compact size.

Another phone I use for work is Samsung Galaxy S10e .. also the perfect size and still works like a charm 🙂

I would say that you should buy it if that is your current budget. I will be switching to the ZenFone 10 soon so my 8 will be put out for sale 😁

erik_paladin
Rising Star I

Don't be crazy. Get anything else.

Asus has forgotten the ZF8, it has poor battery life and a power-hungry CPU. You can't even unlock it now as the official rooting app doesn't work.

Get anything else, a Samsung or something, you will probably get better support.