This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overheating

Hi!

Sir/Madam:

Help, I have a zenphone 8 and it's overheating even when you are doing simple task like surfing the net and browsing fb. It is formatted and updated to its latest vesion 30.11.51.67. Hoping to fix this problem soon.

Thanks

20 REPLIES 20

me_0mby8
Star III
With the overheating issue with the 888 processor across devices maybe something like what oneplus had done (https://gizmodo.com/oneplus-admits-it-throttles-popular-apps-on-its-flagshi-1847253576) but with option to select apps maybe or some form of optimization to improve battery life and reduce heating.
But it seems like even their camera app was one of the apps which was throttled so if I'm right op9 also record 8k @ 30fps vid and if they are managing to do it while optimizing / throttling the soc then I guess maybe zf8 can also test something out to make things more usable. I guess being able to record a video by having the x1 core of the soc cut back is better then having the camera stop recording in a few mins.
And I guess it would be a similar scenerio with other apps but having it as a option to opt in and out in a app to app manner ( ie. being able to opt out a single app if needed from the preset list or add a app to the list or some just option to make the phone more functional in a general sense) might be good.
But getting a "flagship" without the "flagship" performance I guess is not that good I guess but then if it's a bad processor as such and some brands are able to make use of it in a good way I guess asus can do something about it too without it loosing much performance.

new_user
Star II
from my experience, the heating subsided after a couple of days of use or you'll get used to it. don't bother sending your unit to be fixed cause they will find nothing (ask me how i know). the phone will get very hot when using the camera, especially in pro mod, and in video mod at 60fps hd i got a couple of warnings after 6-10 minutes of filming. on the bright side, its good for keeping a cup of tea warm... its good if you need a hand warmer... etc etc... its a shame imho.

abhineet150
Rising Star I
Could someone from MODs acknowledge whether any fix been worked upon for the heating issue for Zenfone 8

Alex_s
Rising Star I
Android Auto does also heat up the phone a lot, wired and even more with wireless. Also a simple 2,4G Hotspot heats up the phone.

b_preslavski
Star III
Another interesting thing is, that phone idle and mobile network standby can't be switched off individually from battery optimisation. When I check them out, going back to the page, they are on back again. The global settings for battery optimisation don't do nothing. When using the phone it seems to use less power. ASUS, do your job. 2.5h sot and I am at 44%... Joke? Or helping global warming? Night time is 3% use only. What happens during daytime?