This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone just bricked

Liana
Star II
Everything was ok, I was using my phone, it was on charge with reasonable amount of charge already, and then it just turned off and stopped reacting. No LED indicator on charge, no vibration when I try to turn it on, no RAMPDUMP screen on the turning on, just no reaction at all.
I hope it is fixable, because I have very valuable to me pictures from my recent honeymoon there... And just overall I finally managed to organized it finally the way I want, and it just died. I tried holding button for long, tried combos with volume buttons, nothing help. Leaving on charge didn't help either.
Recently, maybe yesterday or two days before the phone had an update, so it might be related, I don't know. I really hope Asus would adress that.
I also wrote to Service Center, but I wanted to post here, to see if there is other feedback.
Cheers!
9 REPLIES 9

Blumi
Rising Star II
I rly hope you had a backup of those honeymoon pictures at a cloud storage or smth like that....

Liana
Star II
Blumi

I rly hope you had a backup of those honeymoon pictures at a cloud storage or smth like that....

View post
no, I had not... I recently ran out of cloud storage space.
😔

joel_myworld
Star II
I just spoke to the Customer care for my country and they said that if the phone needs to be reset or repaired, the data on the phone is lost. Its particularly annoying when some applications are tied to the phone, like multi-factor authentication or banking services.

daniel91m
Rising Star II
Maybe asus got idea not to show ramdump on motherboard error? Guarantee saves you.
Your case is number 59 on zentalk.