This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Bug Reports

LittleFone86
Star I
I've not seen anyone post solutions to these problems so I am left to think these are bugs. I haven't experienced many and overall the phone is great! I'd call these annoyances but depending on how you use your phone is could be a deal breaker if they aren't fixed (assuming they are bugs and its not just some setting I missed). As of posting this my phone has the most recent version of software available 30.1010.0410.72

Bug 1: When playing YouTube I'll pause the video and it will resume after a few seconds. This only happens every so often. Maybe after every 20 or so pauses??? This reddit user seems to have the same problem so it's not an isolated incident.
reddit(dot)com/r/Android/comments/ovqpa0/asus_zenfone_8_review/
"If I watch a YouTube video, pause it, lock the phone and put it in my pocket, the video can resume playing somehow. I have tried pocket mode turned on. It still does it. I think the 'Pick up to wake' gesture that I like to have turned on is misinterpreting pocket-jiggle for a pick-up gesture and waking the screen up, and the lock-screen play button is then activated. Edit: Since writing the last bit I have caught it un-pausing when on a stand in my kitchen. So not pocket-related. I pause the video, walk away from the phone, and a few seconds later it un-pauses. Very weird."

Bug 2: Adaptive Brightness seems to break after I take a call. I usually keep the setting on and for the most part its fine but after a take a call and hang up my screen brightness will be as dim as possible. The brightness slider in the notifications panel will be at the right setting but for some reason it stops controlling the actual screen brightness until I try to adjust it from that bar. After a few seconds the screen will then dim completely as if the slider was turned all the way down but it never moves. This behavior persists til the device is reset.

Generally the YouTube bug is fairly minor (once again more of an annoyance). The screen dimming bug just sucks to have as with no apparent solution I'm essentially down a feature.
6 REPLIES 6

keren_ASUS
Hi @atanasuzunov
were you able to get a log and upload it to Google drive?

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.