This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest updates explanation

moilanen88
Star II
So,there was this latest update that "improved camera quality".
But,what did you exactly did? I would like to hear what are the improvements on every update,like how did you make it better that phone wont heat up so easily by firmware update? Etc,you get the point.

Yes,i'm curious about those kind of things 😅
7 REPLIES 7

raimundas78
Rising Star I
Regarding call quality, at least here in Lithuania it did not improve a bit on my side. However, the person I called said I sounded way worse than usual, 'like you would be in the underground bunker'. Disappointed.

raimundas78
Rising Star I
After the last update, my home app is constantly changing back to Asus Launcher, even though it would still have Nova Launcher selected in settings. Also, I have noticed, that phone works much smoother with Asus Launcher than it does with Nova Launcher, especially switching between apps, going to home screen and adaptive refresh rate seems to drop lower with Nova. This was the case before update as well. Could someone from Asus please look at this? I have used Nova launcher with every Android phone I have ever had and did not have any such issues.

yuenkawei
Star I
After the recent firmware upgrade, the phone no longer takes input from the car GPS via wireless android auto. In the past I could leave the phone in the pocket. Now google map navigation will only work if I exposed the phone to get GPS signals through the windscreen.

Aryan202
Community Legend I
raimundas78

After the last update, my home app is constantly changing back to Asus Launcher, even though it would still have Nova Launcher selected in settings. Also, I have noticed, that phone works much smoother with Asus Launcher than it does with Nova Launcher, especially switching between apps, going to home screen and adaptive refresh rate seems to drop lower with Nova. This was the case before update as well. Could someone from Asus please look at this? I have used Nova launcher with every Android phone I have ever had and did not have any such issues.

View post
To my knowledge every non Pixel phone will have that "not smooth/janky" feeling to it while using gestures on 3rd party launchers
Pixels have some specific code for that hence the gestures and recents manager is "smoother" idk if any other OEMs implemented that but I've read a couple of mod replies on this forum regarding the same
And about your phone defaulting to Asus ui did you try changing it via nova launcher settings? (As setting default home app in settings doesn't work you say) try a restart maybe if it still doesn't work