cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just another dead Zenfone 8

Krzysztof_
Star II

Hi,

My Zenfone 8 died suddenly after using it for 1 year and 9 months. Black screen with no response at all. On one hand very disappointed, on the other happy that I have still 3 months of warranty left. I'm not sure if it will be replaced with a new unit or they will try to repair it. Do you guys have any experience in similar situation? Are newer units free from ramdump, bricking, dying etc?

BTW, it's my first phone with so many problems experienced form the beginning that I'll stay away from Asus products in the future. Just to name few: battery draining for no reason, problem with GPS signal and Google Maps app in general, artifacts displaying when browsing the Internet, screen turned off with the phone still being active and registering touch inputs, no VOLTE or WiFi calling which was promised form the beginning and many more.

11 REPLIES 11

Krzysztof_
Star II

Hopefully yours will last longer or die before the warranty expires 🙁

Chcę go oddać na gwarancji żeby nie być zaskoczonym po jej wygaśnięciu... 🤔 

Aureliannn_ASUS

Hi @Krzysztof_ 

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Please check the top right corner and kindly share the serial number and details requested in the PM inbox.

Thank you!

laurie_goldsmit
Star III

I think that you have been very unlucky, I've had mine since they first came out and have never had a single problem with it .

sebi675
Star II

Same thing happened to me. I just started filming something and screen went off which seemed weird.

70% battery, tried everything - button combos, wall power, pc power (vol buttons + pc), nothing works.

All signs point towards a cooked motherboard which would be the second one to give the ghost. It's still under warranty untill next week but i never owned a phone that needs a motherboard replacement every year.

The first one had "Waiting for flashing full ramdump..." screen, which left the phone bricked and necessitated a motherboard replacement - under warranty of course and only took 3 days. (Check https://zentalk.asus.com/t5/zenfone-8/zenfone8-stuck-on-waiting-for-flashing-full-ramdump/m-p/235965 )

It's my first asus phone and sadly, the last. As much as i love the phone, the form-factor, the snappiness, the features and the boomy speakers, I will look for something more reliable in the future.