This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodbye Zenfone 8

cicagorio
Rising Star II
As I say goodbye to my Zenfone 8, just wanted to say farewell to the community in a post that summarizes my experience.
After pre-ordering the Zenfone 8 and using it daily for since it was delivered in June, I have mixed feelings now at the end.
I was coming from a Pixel 3 and I must say I loved the speed and the screen of the Zenfone. I also loved the Asus flavor of Android - It adds some goodies (but it also loses some). I loved the headphone jack. I loved the size of the phone.
On the other side I felt let down by the fingerprint scanner, bugs (mainly proximity sensor issues - pocket mode and display staying on during calls) and the camera reliability. Sometimes I would take a photo, lock my screen only to find out later that the photo was not saved, or that it is blurry. Also I am kind of disappointed with the slow security updates rollout to devices. I am also disappointed zenfone 8 will get only one more OS update.
In the past few days I was considering pre-ordering Pixel 7 and today I decided not to and stick with the Zenfone 8. I put it in my pocket and I pulled it out 30mins later to find out that the volume up button is stuck. There was no impact, no anything. This was the thing that pushed me back on the Pixel bandwagon (zenfone 9 having the same issues).
I really hope Asus manages to address these issues and hit the nail on the head with the Zenfone 10. Bye everyone!
5 REPLIES 5

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.