This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S7 to Zenfone 8

hamish2
Star I

Hey all, I'm considering upgrading from my Galaxy S7 to a Zenfone 8. I see that both are octa-cores with quite similar specs:

S7

Octa-core (4x2.3 GHz Mongoose & 4x1.6 GHz Cortex-A53)

Zenfone 8

Octa-core (1x2.84 GHz Cortex-X1 & 3x2.42 GHz Cortex-A78 & 4x1.80 GHz Cortex-A55)

Has anyone made this swap themselves and if so is the Zenfone a noticeably better performer? Thanks!!

5 REPLIES 5

Iceman11
Star III

All the phones in the last 10 years are using 8 cores SOCs.
In synthetic benchmarks the Asus Zenfone 8(Snapdragon 888) has 5x better multicore performance  than the Galaxy S7 (Exynos 8890).

Regarding the functionality, at least for me, it's the same. Of course you have more privacy related settings with the newer androids with better control over the apps permissions.

The hardware will be better in every aspect (better camera, faster loading times, brighter display for better sunlight visibility, speakers (stereo), bigger battery and so on).

Miki1
Star II

Hi, First sorry for my english grammar. Some time ago I bought Zenfone 8. At the beginning I was enchanted by Asus. Better camera, outstanding stereo speaker, the phone was instantly-fast as lightning. Hardware ok but software is weak. 

electrosk
Star II

get something else, my zenfone 8's motherboard just died (1year and 8 months use), asus give only 6 month warrenty.

leoncarrera
Rising Star I

Just like @electrosk says, get something else. Many users are disappointed with their premium Zenfone dying within or just over two years of use. And Asus will leave it with that. No warranty? Then it's bye bye Zenfone. And even with warranty still in place, they tend to dodge the issue. Save yourself the hassle and go for another brand. As long as Asus won't acknowledge the issues of dying phones and draining batteries on 'other apps', do not even think about an Asus phone.