cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fingerprint reader thread [Mod adjusted thread title]

n3b
Star II
Hello,
Overall very happy with my ZenFone 8, but I'm running into an issue where the fingerprint reader has basically not worked properly since coming out of the box, usually telling me the sensor is "dirty" and needs to be cleaned.
I managed to get it to remember 2 thumb prints after lots and lots of effort,
It will recognize either print maybe 1 out of 10 times on the lock screen,
Deleting/re-adding the prints did not help much.
I have other phones with standard fingerprint sensors (Samsung) that work perfectly fine, so my skin is probably not the culprit here.
Note: phone is running latest software (.44) and screen is clean, no protector.
Anyone else experience a similar issue and is there a fix? I'd rather not return the phone 😞
88 REPLIES 88

finbarr30
Star II
FPR has improved on this device with the 60 update. Not perfect, one thumb works well, the other doesn't. Keep it up, whatever the devs are doing about this issue , they're getting there.

Sim1
Star III
Are you guys using a screen protector? I've found that using one makes it way worse. Before applying it it was working perfectly fine after the latest update. After applying it it's way worse, but it's expected

rush09
Star III
The fingerprint scanner is not working well. I use it since the update .60. At first everything was fine, but after a week it got worse. Here are my observations. If you unlocked the screen the first time, then the subsequent triggering in a row is good. But the problem is random unlocking , three or four errors each. I have added two prints, no film. And sometimes the scanner thinks for a very long time. Can you fix this? Also, ghostly triggers of the scanner in the pocket are a frequent thing. Pocket mode is enabled. At the expense of your work on the problem of ghost touches in the course, but the fingerprint needs to be improved further. Thanks.

tupatatapa
Rising Star I
Sim1

Are you guys using a screen protector? I've found that using one makes it way worse. Before applying it it was working perfectly fine after the latest update. After applying it it's way worse, but it's expected

View post
It was bad before the screen protector. After installation of the Rhinoshield's screen protector the fingerprint of the ZF8 is almost unusable.
On my 1+8T with 0.3mm glass screen protector the fingerprint is working 100% of 100% and is lightning fast.
Unfortunately i am thinking to go back to 1+8T...

tupatatapa
Rising Star I
It was bad before the screen protector. After installation of the Rhinoshield's screen protector the fingerprint of the ZF8 is almost unusable.
On my 1+8T with glass screen protector the fingerprint is working 100% of 100% and it's lightning fast.
Unfortunately i am thinking to go back to 1+8T...