This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable all audio post processing (Dirac)

pierre_nicolas
Star II
The zenfone now seems like the phone to buy if you care about audio quality.
:white_heavy_check_mark: 3.5 mm headphone jack
:white_heavy_check_mark: High quality, loud stereo speakers
:white_heavy_check_mark: Supports all the Bluetooth streaming protocols and has a strong transmitter
But none of the reviews warned me that there's an always-on program constantly altering my audio.
Listening to music via LDAC on a Samsung, Sony, and HTC device all sounds the same, but with the zenfone sending audio, it is suddenly more compressed losing both clarity and dynamic range.
I will never understand why companies go to so much effort just to shoot themselves in the foot. Who wants a headphone jack in 2021 AND some chintzy audio enhancer messing with their audio?!
I can live with a lot of the quirks of this phone, but without the ability to completely disable the "audio wizard" I will be forced to return the phone.
9 REPLIES 9

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@edddd @pierre_nicolas
Dirac tuning is not doing anything to the 3.5 mm output if:
Music mode is selected in AudioWizard and..
No headphone profile is selected in AudioWizard.

Germans
Star III
erik.paladin

It literary says in this post:

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/175115#Comment_175115

DIrac tuning , if no headphones are chosen in Audio Wizard, is not doing anything to the 3.5mm output.

The frequency response by default is flat for music

View post
@Gustav_ASUS How can I de-select a headset profile? I can't find the way, always defaulting to ROG Cetra Core.

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@Germans Does it revert back to Cetra Core if you select 'Original' in the profiles page?
If so, please clear the cache of AudioWizard.
(Search settings for AudioWizard -> App info -> Storage & cache -> clear cache and reboot your device.)

Germans
Star III
Gustav_ASUS

@Germans Does it revert back to Cetra Core if you select 'Original' in the profiles page?

If so, please clear the cache of AudioWizard.

(Search settings for AudioWizard -> App info -> Storage & cache -> clear cache and reboot your device.)

View post
Thanks! It worked.

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III