cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cell Standby battery drain

Salvatore
Star III
Hi,
i'm experiencing seriuos issue about battery, it's being constantly drained by cell standby with abnormal values. It's actually draining more than the display, that's unacceptable.
Can you please provide a fix/solution ?
Zenfone 8 - hardware and software details attached.
198183282-10226408916159167-3204847718508595170-n.jpg
screenshot-20210613-111801686.jpg
screenshot-20210613-111808710.jpg

123 REPLIES 123

b_preslavski
Star III
Something is definitely messed up. As I said, such battery capacity is capable of a lot more. Combined with the overheating, which is strange by itself, because measures say 35 degrees, but the phone feels near 40, I am sure the cpu settings could be optimised and I hope to see it soon in an update. I can't rely on a phone which is at 50% in the middle of the day with mostly browsing. And never had such a phone(I had many-flagships and not).

woody_ww
Star III
@Elmir Just FYI, a day after turning off "mobile data always active" in developer options, I get similar battery stats as in my previous post, so this doesn't help in my case. Even airplane mode causes the same drain and the same relative percentage of mobile network battery usage...
The most funny thing is that over night (wifi and mobile data turned off) it goes in some kind of sleep mode (not visible to the user and not related to energy saving or ultra durable modes, which are all disabled...), which causes reminder notifications and alarms to delay in such a way that they only appear when I pick up the device in the morning... 🤨 And still draining around 5-10% doing... nothing.
screenshot-20210713-164358554.jpg

cicagorio
Rising Star II
woody.ww

@Elmir Just FYI, a day after turning off "mobile data always active" in developer options, I get similar battery stats as in my previous post, so this doesn't help in my case. Even airplane mode causes the same drain and the same relative percentage of mobile network battery usage...

The most funny thing is that over night (wifi and mobile data turned off) it goes in some kind of sleep mode (not visible to the user and not related to energy saving or ultra durable modes, which are all disabled...), which causes reminder notifications and alarms to delay in such a way that they only appear when I pick up the device in the morning... 🤨 And still draining around 5-10% doing... nothing.

View post
So judging by your screenshot it seems you have normal Zenfone 8 usage. 0.5%/hour mobile network standby drain seems normal for the Zenfone 8

Unless there are some optimisations done on the driver or kernel level (if those are even possible), I don't think it is possible to improve it much

daniel91m
Rising Star II
woody.ww

View post
Unfortunately it is the same for me. Mobile data always active set to off, I turned off the adaptive battery and background application management. Results without improvement 😞 I am very disappointed with the battery (it is worse than in the 2.5-year-old Xiaomi mi mix 2s ...!)
screenshot-20210713-193920795.jpg

pipsss81
Rising Star I
@Daniel: your mobile connection consumption is normal. It uses around 10% in a day. Something else is draining your battery more than usual. But reason is not clear from that picture. Press on three dots in setting (above picture) and choose show app usage. Full device usage shows really weird results for apps.