This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Zenfone 8 always occur Echoing sound while having phone calls in speaker mode

alexweiheng7
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 8
Firmware Version: 31.1010.0410.43 (just upgrade to android 12)
Rooted or not: not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
When I am having a call with anyone (even using internet call or normal cellular call). and I turn on my speaker mode, my Zenfone 8 will have very loud echo sound until it is very hard to bare.
I have test voice recorder and speaker, all was ok and even tested at in calculator apps with .12345+=. everything was fine.
I have just bought this phone and barely even use for few week and started using it and this occur 😥.
right now I am still finding ways to rollback to android 11 and hoping that is it software problem.

thank you.
51 REPLIES 51

Chrisdude
Star II
I get complains from the other side about the speaker mode as well. The quality is apparently pretty bad; robotic sound and cuts.

oxox
Star I
I have a Zenfone 8 since yesterday, the speaker mode reception by the listener is very bad no matter what app or phone call. the latest update 31.1010.0411.113.
also it keeps turning off at least 2 times last night and restarting at least 4 times today.
I was only able to start it in the boot mode.
I probably have to send it back, is strange nobody from support to comment since this speaker issue subject

katzelad
Star I
arielsajda

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/215824#Comment_215824

What exately was the issue? What component needs to be replaced?

View post
When the compass failed? The same as in forum.xda-developers .com/t/compass-not-working.4332791/
The board had to be replaced.

arielsajda
Rising Star II
katzelad

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/216613#Comment_216613

When the compass failed? The same as in forum.xda-developers .com/t/compass-not-working.4332791/

The board had to be replaced.

View post
This thread is about "Echoing sound while having phone calls in speaker mode"

katzelad
Star I
arielsajda

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/222916#Comment_222916

This thread is about "Echoing sound while having phone calls in speaker mode"

View post
I was replying to your reply to my message.
I don't have a solution to the speaker problem, I don't want to spend weeks with a replacement phone and have to reinstall all the apps and reconfigure all the settings (because they always wipe out the phone) just to (maybe) get this fixed.
The latest software update mentions a few problems related to the microphone but not this one.