This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Zenfone 8 always occur Echoing sound while having phone calls in speaker mode

alexweiheng7
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 8
Firmware Version: 31.1010.0410.43 (just upgrade to android 12)
Rooted or not: not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
When I am having a call with anyone (even using internet call or normal cellular call). and I turn on my speaker mode, my Zenfone 8 will have very loud echo sound until it is very hard to bare.
I have test voice recorder and speaker, all was ok and even tested at in calculator apps with .12345+=. everything was fine.
I have just bought this phone and barely even use for few week and started using it and this occur 😥.
right now I am still finding ways to rollback to android 11 and hoping that is it software problem.

thank you.
51 REPLIES 51

tim3748
Star I
arielsajda

@CH_ASUS

@Gustav_ASUS

@Christine_ASUS

Guys help with this issue?

Hardware? Or software?

How to fix?

View post
Anyone from Asus care to comment on this?

katzelad
Star I
+1
This is my second hardware issue with this device (had to get it replaced after the compass failed).

alexweiheng7
Star II
dron39

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/213846#Comment_213846

If you can not fix it by factory default settings, then it's better to send phone to authorized service center by warranty if you still have warranty.

View post
Update:- Had RMA my Zenfone 8 phone to official Asus Service Centre at my area, and had even explained to them on the echoing problem plus video. They came back to me and said that there is no problem with my phone, but I insisted that the echoing problem is there.
I tried to tell them why not use that phone and we try some conversation on call in speaker mode. but they just ignored me and return my Zenfone 8 without even noticing me.
this makes me sad on how Asus Service Centre ignored their customer and just return the device without fixing and trying to understand your customer on what is the real problem.
after I got back my zenfone 8, and the bloody problem is still there, having echoing problem while using loud speaker on a call. 😡 =.=
Finally, my advice is that if you really using a lot of speaker mode on a call, just DON'T buy this phone, you will regret it.

dron39
Rising Star II
alexweiheng7

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/213871#Comment_213871

Update:- Had RMA my Zenfone 8 phone to official Asus Service Centre at my area, and had even explained to them on the echoing problem plus video. They came back to me and said that there is no problem with my phone, but I insisted that the echoing problem is there.

I tried to tell them why not use that phone and we try some conversation on call in speaker mode. but they just ignored me and return my Zenfone 8 without even noticing me.

this makes me sad on how Asus Service Centre ignored their customer and just return the device without fixing and trying to understand your customer on what is the real problem.

after I got back my zenfone 8, and the bloody problem is still there, having echoing problem while using loud speaker on a call. 😡 =.=

Finally, my advice is that if you really using a lot of speaker mode on a call, just DON'T buy this phone, you will regret it.

View post
Well, I also had my problem not fixed after first repair (even that they changed motherboard). But after that I contacted with ASUS (wrote them a complaint) and send phone for repair second time. And it was fixed.
I recommend you to contact with ASUS support and ask them to control your (next) repair. At least it helped me with my repair here (RU).

arielsajda
Rising Star II
katzelad

+1

This is my second hardware issue with this device (had to get it replaced after the compass failed).

View post
What exately was the issue? What component needs to be replaced?