This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus' mobile department is still nowhere close to major players

rodionmonin
Star II

I recommend you avoid Asus. No matter how good their phones look on paper, they are miles away from other companies.

It's been almost a month since my Asus Zenfone 8 got updated to Android 13. With that, the WiFi connectivity and HotSpot are no longer working. Any hint from their support team on a possible resolution to this problem is still yet to be shown. You can look it up on forums, my case is not the only one.

You can't turn off the auto-update, so even if you downgrade to Android 12, you're still going to get this broken software installed.

Considering this is the last major update it might not get resolved.

10 REPLIES 10

peyav
Star I

Yes, it is true that Asus' mobile department is not currently ranked among the major players in the mobile phone industry. Companies like Samsung, Apple, Huawei, and Xiaomi currently dominate the market, with significant market share and brand recognition.

Asus has made efforts to establish a foothold in the industry, but it has faced challenges in differentiating itself from other smartphone manufacturers and gaining consumer trust and loyalty. Asus has released several models of smartphones in recent years, including the ZenFone series, ROG Phone series, and Max series, among others.

What does this piece of information has to do with the problem I'm describing?

I assume the problem has yet to be fixed, not even acknowledged?

From what I see, it doesn't really bother them.

I think the best thing you can do here is downgrade the phone to the version where everything works and sell it via trade-in for something else. 

I'm not buying another Asus phone.

The sad part is even you downgraded from android 13 to android 12 the problem still persist.