This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus' mobile department is still nowhere close to major players

rodionmonin
Star II

I recommend you avoid Asus. No matter how good their phones look on paper, they are miles away from other companies.

It's been almost a month since my Asus Zenfone 8 got updated to Android 13. With that, the WiFi connectivity and HotSpot are no longer working. Any hint from their support team on a possible resolution to this problem is still yet to be shown. You can look it up on forums, my case is not the only one.

You can't turn off the auto-update, so even if you downgrade to Android 12, you're still going to get this broken software installed.

Considering this is the last major update it might not get resolved.

10 REPLIES 10

Jiaszzz_ASUS

Hello, @rodionmonin .

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Please refer to [Phone/Pad] What to do if my phone won't connect to a Wi-Fi network? for troubleshooting the Wi-Fi problem you might have first.
Meanwhile, I have PM you for confirming Wi-Fi issue details.
Could you please check your PM inbox and share the information requested?

Thank you.

DecornPH
Star II

You are right and I wish I knew this before. How come the phone is labeled "premium" yet it got these issues? I say their Android 13 update ruined it.

Hello, @DecornPH .

Please check the top right corner of the screen and kindly share the details requested in the PM inbox.

Thank you!

Hen2426
Star III

I totally agree. Gotta warn all those prospective buyers. All the reviews are from short term usage, like a week or two. I've had mine for a year and a half, and the android 13 update broke the wifi.