cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 12 Release Schedule for Zenfone 8, Zenfone 7 and ROG Phone Series

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
Admin

ASUS today announced that the latest Android 12 upgrade will be available for the ZenFone 8 series commencing in December, 2021. This will be followed by upgrades for the ROG Phone 5 and 5s series in the first quarter of 2022. The upgrades for the Zenfone 7 series and ROG Phone 3 series are expected during the first half of 2022.

This update inherits the major functional changes introduced in the official version of Android 12, as well as continuing the popular ASUS battery- and performance-management features. For Zenfone models, it also includes ZenUI-specific changes that allow easier navigation, streamlined control panels, increased visibility for better control and more customization options. 

ASUS has already recruited Zenfone 8 users for the Android 12 beta testing program. The beta program will help identify and fix bugs based on real user experiences before the final software is rolled out in December. 

zenfone-andriod-12-rolloutplan.jpg

rog-phone-andriod-12-rolloutplan.jpg

Android 12 Release Schedule for Zenfone 8, Zenfone 7 and ROG Phone Series

ASUS today announced that the latest Android 12 upgrade will be available for the ZenFone 8 series commencing in December, 2021. This will be followed by upgrades for the ROG Phone 5 and 5s series in the first quarter of 2022. The upgrades for the Zenfone 7 series and ROG Phone 3 series are expected during the first half of 2022.

zenfone-andriod-12-rolloutplan-1080x1080.jpg

261 REPLIES 261

tanrafael410
Star II
Asus should add a "feedback" in the settings where users can report a bug, send a suggestion or whatsoever about the system. It will also help asus developers to receive feedbacks easier.

tanrafael410
Star II
I don't know if it is a bug or not. Google Assistant won't work sometimes when you will say "Hey Google" or "OK Google". I need to restart the phone and retrain the voice model so that it will work. If I won't restart and retrain, I would hold press or long press the home button just to launch the assistant which defeats the purpose of launching the assistant if you don't want to touch your phone.

kastis84
Star III
tanrafael410

I don't know if it is a bug or not. Google Assistant won't work sometimes when you will say "Hey Google" or "OK Google". I need to restart the phone and retrain the voice model so that it will work. If I won't restart and retrain, I would hold press or long press the home button just to launch the assistant which defeats the purpose of launching the assistant if you don't want to touch your phone.

View post
I'm struggling with just the same issue for about two weeks now. It's really irritating and it makes Google Assistant almost useless, just like You said.

Fedexp
Star III
Vanja1986

screenshot-20220317-160354841.jpg

Battery life is bad on my zenfone 8 on Andorid 12. Is this normal?any advice please. Phone is less than 1 month old

Im using dinamic battery setting and auto refresh rate with AOD on. Maybe the battery is defefective but the phone doesnt heat up or turns off by itself. Please help

View post
I have mobile from end of May/2021. Iam ussing dynamic mode and 90HZ and battery life was on A11 shit. I am really hope that A12 will improved battery life, but now is early to say that. After week after i will say more.....

mioEP3000
Star I
Android 12...,.....chi sa cos'è la spia verde a dx dell'indicatore della batteria??? Non sempre c'è