This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I bought this phone for pro selfie videos and I can't use an external mic with it.

HatZpApA3
Star II

https://zentalk.asus.com/t5/zenfone-8-flip/no-sound-from-external-mic/td-p/196289

Uphere is another locked thread where this issue was mentioned but ignored.

I hope I won't need to sell the phone and buy another one that has this function well implemented.

I am using an external lavalier connected to ZenFone Flip 8 and the phone doesn't record the audio, even if I deselect the media output that was automatically set as the mic and set the phone as output. Even after selecting the external mic function in the down right corner of the camera preview, it still does not work. 

I require assistance on the matter.

10 REPLIES 10

bla1
Star II

SERIOUSLY? I *just* ordered a very expensive external USB DAC and Lavalier mics for this exact purpose if this is true, ASUS FIX THIS.

HatZpApA3
Star II

Hello mate. I also just ordered a better Type C - 3.5mm jack DAC adapter and I will test it tomorrow. I will be back with some news on this.

HatZpApA3
Star II

I just tested another well-rated DAC Type C to 3.5mm jack adapter and there is no way the phone is capturing external mic audio. Is there any update coming on this?

Wow, this sucks. I'll report on the results with my DAC once it arrives some time next week. Can anyone in the Android 13 beta please draw Asus's attention to this in the Beta forums? And maybe also on the kernel flag thing about which I made a separate thread? I'd like to have the ability to charge my phone and use an external DAC. Also since Asus has a horrible auto-close bot preventing people from reporting that they have the same issue which whomever first posted about it (thereby leading to a vicious cycle where almost no thread amasses enough posts to draw sufficient attention at Asus—yikes), I'll try to regularly bump this thread to prevent auto-closing, because this definitely has got to get fixed ASAP. Unbelievable. Same thing with the remote Bluetooth shutter issue with the official camera app, that also really shocked me to read. I mean come on Asus YOU BUILD THE ULTIMATE CONTENT CREATOR PHONE, AND THEN THIS? smh