This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenFone 7 Pro battery drain

Onto_Newer
Star II
Hi, I have a ZenFone 7 Pro which was purchased 18.mar.2021 (13 months old). Since the last patch update (30.41.69.170) I have a problem with the battery which is draining fast. Since I purchased the phone I only charged it slow, and I used it in performance mode .. it kept me about 24 hours and overnight when it was not used, i think it consumed about 5-10% tops. So, I ran some tests .. I re-calibrated the battery as I found it on another post on this forum, and I switched to balanced battery mode. The phone was charged at about 22:30 in the evening 100%. Mobile data and wifi on, in the morning at about 8:00 I had 31% left. Mobile data on, wifi off .. 58%, Mobile data off, wifi on 51%. It's not normal for an one year battery to be drained this high in stand by mode .. doing nothing .. when will there be another update? Hopefully this problem will be solved with the update. Meanwhile, any other advice?
7 REPLIES 7

Van_Franzen
Star III
This could be an issue of the update... I've noticed this strange drain only in the first day of update, then all fine. But the battery drain juice differently day by day, from the usage you made to cut it short. I have the same device. I use balanced mode for everyday usage and sometimes performance mode for gaming and bench. I use auto Refresh rate (it helps the battery a lot), slow night charge (as you do) and other stuff that needs to be known. Only thing i use and maybe not anyone care about... Is the autostart of the apps in the device care of asus, the deep clean setting. Doing this you will freeze the apps that autostart when you don't need them , this helps the stand by (excluding the important ones you use , like socials, emails and etc.). In this way i got almost 6 h of Sot every day with a good 25/30 % juice left. Sometimes i reach 8/9 h of sot in 2 day usage. Btw in the night stand by (with wi fi off and data on) mine drain from 3 to 5 %.

AlexS97
Star III
I had exactly the same problem and I had nothing to do, I tried everything, I installed android 10, I reset the phone to factory settings, nothing worked.. about 1 month it was draining non stop, but it fixed itself somehow and now I have no problems at all. It drained up to 50% per night in idle (check the screenshot in the post below). The problem fixed itself, without any software update. I still don't know what caused it, but I'm glad it was fixed. Now it uses 2-3% per night.
alexandru.sarau

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Zenfone 7 Pro
  2. Firmware Version: Last one
  3. Rooted or not: No
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Started 2 days ago.
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Hi! I don't know what's going on with my Zenfone 7. So far my battery lasted between 8 and 10 hours of screen time but until 2 days ago android system and android os started to critically drain my battery. What's happening? I restarted the phone, in vain. Last night I unplugged the charger at 96% battery and in the morning when I woke up it had 50%, it used 50% battery in 10 hours, idling, with 30 minutes screen time only. What can I do?

And another thing, 2 weeks ago android told me that there is water in the charging plug, but it didn't have anything, after a while it said that there was no more water and when I plugged in the charger, it showed that it's charging but it started to cut off the power continuously, as if I were removing the charger and plugging it in back 20 times per second. Did the charging board broke? The charging port it's like new. If I plug in the cable in the phone on one side, this happens, if I put it on the other side, it works. Yesterday it turned off because it reached 0% battery and I couldn't turn it on because it wouldn't charge whatever I did, with any cable, with any charger, I was really scared, the cable was plugged in, it was charging but after 2 seconds with the battery charging logo, it stopped because it cut off the power from the charger, and in 5 seconds it starts to receive power again and it stops again, it would do so indefinitely. In the end, after 500 attempts to insert and remove the charger, it worked to charge it. Should I take the phone to the warranty for the port problem? What causes this? It's the charging board? And what can I do with the android system that eats all the battery? Is there an update that caused this? I've only had the phone for 3 months! Please help!

screenshot-20211030-115415144.png

Android System Battery drain and charging problems

Onto_Newer
Star II
First of all, @Van_Franzen and @alexandru.sarau thank you for you comments and replies. What I cand see at a glance is that 3-5% is very very different from 40-50%, this being what I am experiencing .. I was hoping for an answer from what I presume to be ASUS representatives here on the forun, but who knows, maybe they will get to my post in the end ... The common part in both your stories is that it fixed itself, how or why .. don't know .. a miracle 🙂 .. I will try to be patient and wait maybe for more comments, but if nothing works, most likely I will use the warranty service because it's absolutely ridiculously what's happening. Thanks again, and thanks in advance for new and pertinent comments.

Van_Franzen
Star III
Onto_Newer

First of all, @Van_Franzen and @alexandru.sarau thank you for you comments and replies. What I cand see at a glance is that 3-5% is very very different from 40-50%, this being what I am experiencing .. I was hoping for an answer from what I presume to be ASUS representatives here on the forun, but who knows, maybe they will get to my post in the end ... The common part in both your stories is that it fixed itself, how or why .. don't know .. a miracle 🙂 .. I will try to be patient and wait maybe for more comments, but if nothing works, most likely I will use the warranty service because it's absolutely ridiculously what's happening. Thanks again, and thanks in advance for new and pertinent comments.

View post
No problem mate. I fully understand the frustration of having a smartphone and it doesn't work as expected. From a 5000mha battery It's pretty decent to bhe honest. One last try is to set the display to 60 hz... (If you don't care about 90hz ) btw yes... Mine doesn't have a specific power consumption to make a clear statistic XD. Anyway yes for some reason it's like these Asus needs time to get power efficient. Just like the system needs to adapt. (I also have a Zen 8 Flip and it's the same story). Sometimes it could be an app and needs to be optimized in the app settings. Check the option "detect battery draining apps" in battery settings, it can help to understand if it's an app or the whole Android system.
I'll leave a screenshot of my battery settings. Hope it can help ✌️