veermaharaj
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 7 (ZS670KS)
Firmware Version: Android 11 WW_30.40.30.96
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: Daily
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Bluetooth
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Bluetooth is broken on ZenFine 7 since Android 10 that came with the phone.
When connecting to bluetooth speakers or bluetooth in car, audio fails to play back intermittently. Disconnecting and reconnecting bluetooth sometimes fixes it. When audio fails to play back, it may play for a second before cutting off even though the playback app is still playing back audio and the seek back is still moving. If i use the toggle to switch between bluetooth audio and phone speaker, the audio is clearly playing and audible through the phone speaker but not the bluetooth.
Phone calls will answer in my car's head unit, but occasionally the answering system locks up and i have to manually swipe to answer on the phone itself.
With my Zenfone 6, these same bluetooth devices worked perfectly.
With my temporary Sony Xperia 5 mk1, all these bluetooth devices also work perfectly.

4 REPLIES 4

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
veermaharaj

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Zenfone 7 (ZS670KS)
  2. Firmware Version: Android 11 WW_30.40.30.96
  3. Rooted or not: Not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Daily
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Bluetooth

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Bluetooth is broken on ZenFine 7 since Android 10 that came with the phone.

When connecting to bluetooth speakers or bluetooth in car, audio fails to play back intermittently. Disconnecting and reconnecting bluetooth sometimes fixes it. When audio fails to play back, it may play for a second before cutting off even though the playback app is still playing back audio and the seek back is still moving. If i use the toggle to switch between bluetooth audio and phone speaker, the audio is clearly playing and audible through the phone speaker but not the bluetooth.

Phone calls will answer in my car's head unit, but occasionally the answering system locks up and i have to manually swipe to answer on the phone itself.

With my Zenfone 6, these same bluetooth devices worked perfectly.

With my temporary Sony Xperia 5 mk1, all these bluetooth devices also work perfectly.

Zenfone 7 - Bluetooth broken
Try going to system settings -> system -> reset options -> reset wifi, mobile & bt
We have not seen more reports on BT issues than usual with A11. What about your connection to other BT devices? Are the acting the same?

fear_dot_com_20
Rising Star II
I am using bluetooth in my car every day and I have no issues with it. I even changed my stereo in my car and the bluetooth is still fine. Maybe it is something with the car audio sistem?
The only problem with bluetooth in my car is that if someone calls me on Whatsapp, I see the caller id like 100000000 and not the real name. And this is an Asus issue since I have 3 phones connected to the car and only this asus behaves like this...

veermaharaj
Star I
This has been happening since i got the phone on android 10.
The problem still exists with certain bt devices and not at all with others.
With my 2 cars i have to disconnect and reconnect the bt or restart the phone to hear audio playing back on the device. One is a nissan qashqai with the older basic head unit. The other is a nissan np300 with the newer android auto head unit, but i just use the plain bluetooth, the android auto is too damn buggy.
With my harman/kardon onyx 5 the music sounds like it is being played in slow motion.
With my sony home theatre reciever sometimes i have to reconnect it to get audio.
With my ZenFone 6 i had none of these issues on any of these devices.
I did a bt/wifi/cellular reset, made no difference.

jimo1921
Rising Star I
Same to me.
First (i really do not remember on which version of soft - probably android 9) for Zenfone 6 (ZS630KL) was similar.
Now I have Zenfone 7 pro and cannot connect with BT in my car.
Device is beind searching (with success) but when try pairing ("think a while") lost connection.
My two old ZS630KL and any other phone (samsung a51, samsuns s10) don't have any problem with conection.
Software of Zenfone 7 Pro newest as available.