This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stutter within the first few seconds of the first video recording after opening Camera

edddd
Rising Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 7 Pro
Firmware Version: 30.41.69.51
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Occasionally
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Camera
========================================
If the phone has been sitting for a while (hours) and I open up Camera to do a video recording on 4K 60FPS (main sensor), then the very first video has tons of stuttering within the first few seconds. If I keep making more videos, no such stutter is present, as it only happens for the first video in a series. It happened on older firmwares as well and both when recording on SD card and internal memory (in older versions it would allow recording to SD card). The appearance of the stutter is nearly always very consistently similar, as if some deterministic software process is doing its job.
1 REPLY 1

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
edddd

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Zenfone 7 Pro
  2. Firmware Version: 30.41.69.51
  3. Rooted or not: No
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Occasionally
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Camera

========================================

If the phone has been sitting for a while (hours) and I open up Camera to do a video recording on 4K 60FPS (main sensor), then the very first video has tons of stuttering within the first few seconds. If I keep making more videos, no such stutter is present, as it only happens for the first video in a series. It happened on older firmwares as well and both when recording on SD card and internal memory (in older versions it would allow recording to SD card). The appearance of the stutter is nearly always very consistently similar, as if some deterministic software process is doing its job.

Stutter within the first few seconds of the first video recording after opening Camera
I've experienced this too and I don't know why but it feels like a android thing. I've seen the same behavior on multiple phones and not just ASUS phones. My guess is that it's some Android battery saving feature. Because it only happens the first time and then you need to wait for a long time before it happens again, makes it very hard to troubleshoot. If you can capture it, then you're more than welcome to send me the video and log