This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ram on A11

Roystoys
Zen Master III
I have noticed that since updating to A11 my ram usesge seems higher. I have 8 gig of ram and on A 10 it used to sit around 3/3.4 and if I used an app called,,fill full ram it would drop to 2.2/2.4 . Now it sits close to 5 and if I use the app I mentioned above it would drop to 2.2/2.4 Has anyone else noticed this or am I missing something.

14 REPLIES 14

Roystoys
Zen Master III
Saifuddin

screenshot-20210421-225845410.jpg

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/163675#Comment_163675

No its not possible android will always use around 50% or more and nevertheless which version u r using as you see in my screenshot , i cleared the apps and also applied memory clear and took screenshot instantly that's why its less than 50% but leave it for a min or two and it will go above 50% by itself , so in 8gb ram , bear minimum 4- 4.5 gb ram will always be utilised

My Device- rog 3 12gb variant A10

View post
I deleted an offline map I had and this is what I have now . It was a bit less after a cleared all caches but you know it always goes up a little as soon as you do anything.
It's still more than on A10 I used to be able to get it down to 2.4 so yes it is possible

Tagion
Rising Star II
RAM is meant to be used...
Having more RAM means that more stuff can be hold in RAM so the phone is faster overall.

Tagion
Rising Star II
Roystoys

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/163774#Comment_163774

screenshot-20210422-182840.png

I deleted an offline map I had and this is what I have now . It was a bit less after a cleared all caches but you know it always goes up a little as soon as you do anything.

It's still more than on A10 I used to be able to get it down to 2.4 so yes it is possible

View post
You're not actually supposed to clear your ram all the time. Free ram is wasted ram. If you clear your RAM, everything need to be loaded again and that just wastes battery life

Saifuddin
Zen Master III
Roystoys

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/163774#Comment_163774

screenshot-20210422-182840.png

View post
Yes it will go down but only for few minutes and android will start loading up services again becoz thats what ram meant for
The only reason ram goes to 2.4 gb is becoz you forced to clear all the services from background , even i can puch my ram to usage to as low as 4 gb in my 12gb varient but it will kick back up to 6gb in a minute or two becoz services are meant to run in background , if you block services fron running in background then you will start complaining out stability and user experience is not great and the complaining cycle goes on round and round
So instead of giving ram usage to much importance , start enjoying your device becoz its working in the way its should be and nothing is wrong with usage

Roystoys
Zen Master III
Saifuddin

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/163866#Comment_163866

Yes it will go down but only for few minutes and android will start loading up services again becoz thats what ram meant for

The only reason ram goes to 2.4 gb is becoz you forced to clear all the services from background , even i can puch my ram to usage to as low as 4 gb in my 12gb varient but it will kick back up to 6gb in a minute or two becoz services are meant to run in background , if you block services fron running in background then you will start complaining out stability and user experience is not great and the complaining cycle goes on round and round

So instead of giving ram usage to much importance , start enjoying your device becoz its working in the way its should be and nothing is wrong with usage

View post
Yes I understand all that I'm just saying it sits on about 1 g of ram more on A11 than it did on A10 or at least my phone does , that's either if I check after a scan and clear or before one