djochecIf you have a screen protector, please start with cleaning the top part. If that doesn't work, then remove the screen protector. In 9 out of 10 cases, this is the root cause.
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
- Model Name: ZenFone 7 Pro
- Firmware Version: 18.104.22.168
- Rooted or not: No
- Frequency of Occurrence: Almost always
- APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Any camera app
- Camera motor doesn't seem to work when used in camera mode, it opens a little bit (not always the same angle however) and then I get the notification (see title).
- However, the camera calibration functions properly and the camera calibration test flip functions properly, so the hardware side seems to be fine.
- Calibrating the camera does thigs - sometimes it allows the camera to flip fully once, but i get the error again once it closes and then it doesn't want to move again
- Camera retracts sucessfully every time, manually, when screen is locked, when camera app is closed etc.
- Flipping the camera using controls in the camera app doesn't work
- Motion tracking tries its best but the motor doesn't want to rotate properly
- In panorama mode, the camera motor flips ~45 degrees back and forth, which results in a broken panorama picture. It moves much more than when i try to flip into selfie mode however.
- When doing the flip previews in camera calibration menu, it works perfectly, no weird noises, no weird movements, it opens and retracts perfectly every time.
- The phone is only days old, perfectly fine and undamaged.
What i tried:
- turning the phone on and off
- tried it with and without a phone case
- tried cleaning the mechanism with a can of compressed air, though i have my doubts that this did anything at all
- tried different camera apps, even your hidden front camera tester tool, which also failed with the same message
"Please make sure there is nothing obstructing the camera and then try again."