"Please make sure there is nothing obstructing the camera and then try again."
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
- Model Name: ZenFone 7 Pro
- Firmware Version: 184.108.40.206
- Rooted or not: No
- Frequency of Occurrence: Almost always
- APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Any camera app
- Camera motor doesn't seem to work when used in camera mode, it opens a little bit (not always the same angle however) and then I get the notification (see title).
- However, the camera calibration functions properly and the camera calibration test flip functions properly, so the hardware side seems to be fine.
- Calibrating the camera does thigs - sometimes it allows the camera to flip fully once, but i get the error again once it closes and then it doesn't want to move again
- Camera retracts sucessfully every time, manually, when screen is locked, when camera app is closed etc.
- Flipping the camera using controls in the camera app doesn't work
- Motion tracking tries its best but the motor doesn't want to rotate properly
- In panorama mode, the camera motor flips ~45 degrees back and forth, which results in a broken panorama picture. It moves much more than when i try to flip into selfie mode however.
- When doing the flip previews in camera calibration menu, it works perfectly, no weird noises, no weird movements, it opens and retracts perfectly every time.
- The phone is only days old, perfectly fine and undamaged.
What i tried:
- turning the phone on and off
- tried it with and without a phone case
- tried cleaning the mechanism with a can of compressed air, though i have my doubts that this did anything at all
- tried different camera apps, even your hidden front camera tester tool, which also failed with the same message
This discussion has been closed.