Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ZenFone 7 Pro
  2. Firmware Version: 29.14.53.23
  3. Rooted or not: No
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Almost always
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Any camera app

========================================

What:

• Camera motor doesn't seem to work when used in camera mode, it opens a little bit (not always the same angle however) and then I get the notification (see title).
  • However, the camera calibration functions properly and the camera calibration test flip functions properly, so the hardware side seems to be fine.

More info:

• Calibrating the camera does thigs - sometimes it allows the camera to flip fully once, but i get the error again once it closes and then it doesn't want to move again
  • Camera retracts sucessfully every time, manually, when screen is locked, when camera app is closed etc.
  • Flipping the camera using controls in the camera app doesn't work
  • Motion tracking tries its best but the motor doesn't want to rotate properly
  • In panorama mode, the camera motor flips ~45 degrees back and forth, which results in a broken panorama picture. It moves much more than when i try to flip into selfie mode however.
  • When doing the flip previews in camera calibration menu, it works perfectly, no weird noises, no weird movements, it opens and retracts perfectly every time.
  • The phone is only days old, perfectly fine and undamaged.

What i tried:

• turning the phone on and off
  • tried it with and without a phone case
  • tried cleaning the mechanism with a can of compressed air, though i have my doubts that this did anything at all
  • tried different camera apps, even your hidden front camera tester tool, which also failed with the same message
Tagged:

Comments

This discussion has been closed.