This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone temperature

firasswat82
Rising Star I
Is it normal for the phone to heat up quickly to 42, even in normal phone use without using games??? Does high air temperature negatively affect the temperature of the phone??

3 REPLIES 3

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@firasswat82 Higher ambient/room temperature will increase the system temperature of your device. This will be especially noticeable if you live in a warm country that gets high temperatures during the summer. It's hard to say what 'normal' is since that depends on how you define normal phone use. Does that include filming in 4K, watching a lot of video?
You're not in risk of destroying any components though, if that's what you're asking. 🙂

firasswat82
Rising Star I
I do not watch or photograph 4k clips, but I just browse Facebook and Google and watch YouTube with normal accuracy. Despite this, my phone heats up quickly, for the record, we are in a country with a very hot climate, and I am really afraid of damage to the internal components of the phone when its temperature rises

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@firasswat82 A system temp of 42 °C is well within the thermal limits of the components in your device. Having said that you shouldn't leave your device in the sun and forget about it. A cool phone is a happy phone.