This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

November security patch

Roystoys
Zen Master III
Has anyone got the Nov security patch or are we all still on the Sept RED SECURITY PATCH??????

5 REPLIES 5

ktw
Rising Star II
The November security update (version .309) was for the September security patch. There's no security patch beyond that yet.
image.png

skipwoof
Star III
The December security patch is out for AOSP phones.
I hope the Asus team will provide us with this update for the ZenFone 7 series soon.

ktw
Rising Star II
skipwoof

The December security patch is out for AOSP phones.

I hope the Asus team will provide us with this update for the ZenFone 7 series soon.

View post
I'd say don't be too hopeful, considering that the Zenfone 7 series has reached its EOL and ASUS hasn't been committed to maintaining its old phones that well :s
Even if there's a next security update, it most likely won't be an up-to-date one -- could be out sometime next year as an "outdated" one, as we've seen on the last few ASUS phones -- e.g. the final security update for the ZF5z in March 2021 was for a January security patch, and that for the ZF6 in August 2021 was for the June security patch.

skipwoof
Star III
>"the Zenfone 7 series has reached its EOL"
Where did you found that information ? To be sure I just sent a message to asus. If confirmed, I will switch to Lineage of any other ROM supporting the Z7 hardware.