Did you mean: 

Gallery keeps hiding all my photos on SD card

edddd
Rising Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 7 Pro
Firmware Version: WW_31.0210.0210.277
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Always on the first few Video recordings in a row after unlock
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Camera
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I had roughly 150GB of photos and videos on my SD card organized in DCIM/year/... and I usually could browse them.
Now, something happened to the gallery app and now it keeps hiding all photos that appear there. Once I noticed that photos are missing, I went into album settings and saw that the year folders were deselected/hidden. I selected/unhid them, but the phone just kept saying that it still deselected them via popup message. Now, there are no more photos there and all of them landed on /sdcard/.hide.
What is this and how do I nuke this problem out of existence? The albums/photos no longer appear anywhere.
EDIT: I went into hide/show albums menu again and again and all of a sudden they appeared there and were enabled even though all photos were hidden. I disabled them and then a popup message said that they are now visible. So I guess the list is either inverted or German translation is unclear?
2 REPLIES 2

willjoe2442
Star III
Remove Virus and Recover Data. Virus or malware infection may cause the files on your memory card to disappear, either by hiding or deleting the data. In such a case, run the antivirus software on your Android phone or computer to scan your device. If there is any virus or malware, remove it from your device

Regards,
Will

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.