This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 12 Update

ZenNini
Star II
After updating to Android 12 my wifi keeps shutting off automatically every 15min or so. Battery is full and the signal is excellent and suddenly - wifi is off.
No new apps installed or anything that could disable my wifi. Didn't find anything in the new settings menu.

So I "upgraded" to Android 12 and I hate it. To make it clear not Asus fault but googles. Who thought of having dark quick select buttons on light theme or merging wifi and network in one? Wtf, while quick selection menu is very badly designed.
13 REPLIES 13

vadim771
Star II
melintegheorghita

The performance tanked 👎 colours are not the same between the dark mode and normal mode, the notification tray is lagging AF, they messed up scrolling speed with the refresh rate that it doesn't matter if you have it in performance mode the scrolling is choppy, they messed up the launcher by giving each row more hight thus widges don't align anymore.

I asked Asus to be apart of the beta program, my request was denied. I thought you know what you're doing

Asus promised the implementation of that google API that made third party launchers have return home animations, never delivered.

Please don't recommend me do a factory reset cause I did, twice to be sure 🤣

I'l go back to 11 and underclock the CPU myself for better battery life, so Asus: thank you for nothing 👎

View post
i agree with this guy, animations in launcher, task manager, and all other apps now stuttering and not smoot anymore, especially when scrolling something, like chrome or telegram app. After the first touch, the animation is done with a delay, and then it tries to catch up with the place where it should be, and there is a jump. Control center now has only 8 titles vs 12 in previous version of android, i hope asus make some customization of this

vadim771
Star II
Roystoys

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/60725/android-12-update

You can either merge WiFi with mobile data or not,go to the developer settings and you can toggle it off . The rest of your problems sorry I can't help you with but it took me a few weeks to get used to A12 but now that I have found where the settings are for various things and tweeked it to suit me I love it now.

It has to be the most stable OS version I have seen since the z 5 z

View post
its not in dev settings, its here:
image.png

Roystoys
Zen Master III
vadim771

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/213420#Comment_213420

its not in dev settings, its here:

image.png

View post
I realised that as soon as I posted it but I think you can still do it via developer settings so I thought I would just leave the post rather than edit it

vadim771
Star II
Do developers even read this forum? Or is all this writing useless?

fear_dot_com_20
Rising Star II
Usually with Asus, the writing in the forum is useless...and their bot closes threads for inactivity very fast....even though the inactivity is generated by Asus itself....shitty support...