fear_dot_com_20
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
After updating to A11 I started to see major issues with the battery optimizations, mostly on Gmail app, but once I started to investigate I see it overall. Email notification come with hours , if not tens of hours delay , which was not the case on A10. I noticed that even whether app is not updating in timely fashion.
It looks like phone goes to hibernate and not resumes for notification only once in a couple of hours if not more. Strangely but whatsapp is working fine. I have disabled all battery optimizations and I saw some improvements but not that good as in A10. Yesterday for instance, I lost a couple of important emails since they Gmail App only synchronized once in 10 hours....which is unacceptable.
Factory reset does not help since I have done it at least 7 times due to various issues since A11 update a week ago...

Please help!!!! I don't know what else to look for!
130 REPLIES 130

fear_dot_com_20
Rising Star II
I don't know what you are talking about. Settings => apps=> google calendar has no categories for me. Here is a screenshot
The same is valid for calendar's app settings...

martin_stavinoh
Rising Star II
fear_dot_com_2000

I don't know what you are talking about. Settings => apps=> google calendar has no categories for me. Here is a screenshot

screenshot-20210429-140231822.jpg

The same is valid for calendar's app settings...

View post
I meant switches for calendar notifications and task notifications 🙂 switches is much better than categories in this case 🙂

fear_dot_com_20
Rising Star II
You lost me! Can you please provide a screen shot?

martin_stavinoh
Rising Star II
I tried to say that you had it correct, you had both switches enabled in your screenshot - one for calendar and the other for task notifications 😉

skipwoof
Star III
Hello Guys
Same issue for me, with my ZenFone 7 Pro.
No more notification from Google Calendar. And in the settings nothing has been changed : all notifications are still enabled.
I tried to remove the app/clear data&cache/disable the app.... nothing solved the issue.
The thing which is strange : I've a Xiaomi MiBand connected over Bluetooth to my phone => He still send me the Google Calendar notifications. But the phone keeps not showing them (no sound, no notification). So it's like the notification is working, but the ZenFone instantly remove the notification in the phone. Anyone else have a wearable to confirm this behaviour ?