This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7 Pro cell band Compatibility USA

I got the 7 pro recently , Had to order from Over seas. Im in USA
Great phone. However. I found out the hard way that the phone will NOT work FULLY on T-Mobile nor will it work FULLY on ATT
Heres what I experience.
ATT will ONLY work upto 3g. You will see an H on top the signal bar which indicates a Enhanced 3g speed also know as HSPA speed connection. I have tried 2 new sim cards. I have tried several APN's I have tried all updates and a reset. No 4G and no 5G on ATT. Unless someone can tell me something new, this phone will not FULLY work on ATT. Text works. Calls work. Internet is sort of hit and miss with decent signal but again rather slow.
T Mobile will ONLY work upto 4g. No Volte although it seems to have the capability of Volte it cant not work with Tmobile Volte because it seems the cell bands are not compatible. Text work. Internet works rather fast, Good solid signal however no 5G and no Volte due to incompatible cell bands.
I did research on this subject and found that the ATT cell bands for everything including 5G do seem to be compatible with the 7 pro but again, it does not FULLY work oddly
I also did research on Tmobile cell bands and the bands for 5G are not even close to being compatible. Volte is also non compatible. 4g is compatible and works..
So I have a big problem. Namely the fact that there are several companies around the World are trying to sell this phone promoting it as 4g and 5g and Volt enabled and compatible but is NOT according to my own personal experience. Second problem is, I now have a 900$ phone that has the same cell phone capability as a 10 year old cell phone. Only 3G for ATT. To me this is a really bad thing.
Id like to invite anyone to join in and tell me what I can do to fix this situation. Id really like to keep the phone. Its awesome. However I cant keep it if I cant get 4g , 5G.

Thank you.
4 REPLIES 4

fear_dot_com_20
Rising Star II
Why do you think they don't sell it in US? It is because it is laking some bands and you cannot have good signal because of this. Why did they choose to do this? I have no ideea. The only thing you could do to solve this is to sell the phone and buy a ROG phone which they do sell in US

aLc
Rising Star II
Asus cheaped out on the cellular modem on the Zenfone 7, therefore they left out all the 4g/5g bands in US.
It's also the reason why they opted not to sell it in the US.

edddd
Rising Star I
Just stumbled upon this, now I am a bit confused about the technical specs of the phone.
Checked kimovil and it says:
"4G LTE B1 (2100), B2 (1900), B3 (1800), B5 (850), B7 (2600), B8 (900), B20 (800), B28 (700), B38 (TDD 2600), B40 (TDD 2300), B41 (TDD 2500)"
Checked ASUS website and it says:
"FDD-LTE (Bands 1, 2, 3,4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 18, 19, 20, 26, 28, 29)
TD-LTE (Bands 38, 39, 40, 41)
ASUS phone 5G/4G band compatibility varies by region, please check compatibility with local carriers."
Oh, OK, I need to call each carrier every time I do an online comparison. Gotcha. Silly me...
I'm in Europe. Which 4G bands does the ZenFone 7 Pro actually have? I based my buying decision partly on this information, so that I could use at least 4G when traveling. Kimovil says this phone does not support nearly all US 4G bands! Gsmarena only lists a "global" variant with all bands. Can someone help clarify?

edddd
Rising Star I
Ok, I finally read the user manual, it says:
"LTE Bands: 1, 3, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40
5G Bands: NR n1, NR n3, NR n7, NR n8, NR n28, NR n77, NR n78
ASUS phone 5G NR Sub-6/4G LTE band compatibility varies by region"
It's less than half the advertised 4G bands... 😐