This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone on T-Mobile 6 won't make/receive calls; would switching to AT&T help?

ianmahar
Star I

Model Name: Zenfone 6 I01WDX
Firmware Version: 17.1810.2009.176
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence: often/all the time
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
Hi there, I purchased a Zenfone 6 and am with T-Mobile. I have had trouble making/receiving calls; I can't do so from my home, and in the few areas I can make calls, they drop. I've heard this is due to T-Mobile requiring VoLTE, and the Zenfone 6 not having it enabled (except in the new beta build, but access to that is currently closed, and it could be months until the rest of us get access to it). Would switching to a new carrier fix this? If so, would AT&T work?
Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3

sedl23
Rising Star II
May be the area you are in. I'm in Chicago I have no problems making and recieving calls even without the VOLTE

newnews
Rising Star II
At&t is more strict than T-Mobile on volte devices. Asus don't have their phone in the at&t volte support list. Hope Asus can talk to at&t to add zenfone for volte. I saw oneplus 6/7 are already in the list even at&t did not sell them.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
ianmahar
  1. Model Name: Zenfone 6 I01WDX
  2. Firmware Version: 17.1810.2009.176
  3. Rooted or not: no
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: often/all the time
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

Hi there, I purchased a Zenfone 6 and am with T-Mobile. I have had trouble making/receiving calls; I can't do so from my home, and in the few areas I can make calls, they drop. I've heard this is due to T-Mobile requiring VoLTE, and the Zenfone 6 not having it enabled (except in the new beta build, but access to that is currently closed, and it could be months until the rest of us get access to it). Would switching to a new carrier fix this? If so, would AT&T work?

Thanks in advance!

Zenfone on T-Mobile 6 won't make/receive calls; would switching to AT&T help?
We're already talking to T-mobile about Volte support. Hopefully it will go though