cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Zenfone 6] Samsung S9/S9+ charger (bundled) not working with zenfone 6

yashtr
Star III
Hi,
I have a Samsung S9 for work and usually have my samsung charger ( came with box) at my office desk. A week ago I tried to charge my brand new Zenfone 6 with it and the device charged for almost 5 seconds and then stopped charging out of the blue (not just led light turning off). I thought the charger was faulty but after trying to charge with two other s9/s9+ chargers, my zenfone just wouln't charge. Can someone confirm if this is a bug or should I take my device to service center?
16 REPLIES 16

yashtr
Star III
Hi,
Just checked with brand new asus cable. Doesnt work. Also it's just the samsung charger thats causing the issue, all the other chargers are working just fine.

evnchn
Rising Star II
Every phone has its own fast charge, and ZenFone 6 has one of the most quirky fast charge protocols. Not only is it prone to being killed by devices that don't strictly abide the QC3.0 standard, and unable to be backwards compatible to QC2.0 sources which electrically can give 9V2A yet the phone won't take it, but the standard signal levels of 0.6V and 3.3V used in QC3.0 turns out to be 0.7V and 3.0V in this phone. That's why, I won't be surprised that it doesn't work with some chargers, and using the stock charger is the safest best.

yashtr
Star III
I have no issues with asus charger just wanted to know if others have experienced this strange behaviour. Thanks for ur detailed explaination

MrHornet
Rising Star I
Nokia 10W charger works for me.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
yashtr

I have no issues with asus charger just wanted to know if others have experienced this strange behaviour. Thanks for ur detailed explaination

View post
It should charge even if it might not quick charge with your samsung charger. I hope it's ok if we log your phone? I'll PM you with instructions