This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 6 heating issue using camera

Dr__Allwyn_Vinc
Star II
I bought my mobile just last month and in just one month of usage I'm facing this issue. Just 2 minutes of video recording makes right side (back panel + screen) of mobile to get crazy hot. While taking photos also it gets pretty hot.Now this kind of problem should not occur as it's a flagship phone. In normal usage other than camera, no heating is experienced by me.
Please let me know if this issue is only limited when using camera or not ? I don't play games, so can't say if it is also present during playing games as well. Please comment if anyone facing similar issue like me with their Zenfone 6.
10 REPLIES 10

prashanth
Rising Star II
Dr. Allwyn Vincent Dsouza

Thanks for your quick reply. Yes i know in 4K video recording battery drain is quite expected, but with my mobile even with FHD videos it's happening. Can you please tell me, is your mobile too getting hot in 2 min of FHD recording. Also my mobile is on January security patch with Android 10.

Actually I use my mobile for 2 years and then only upgrade to a new one, but this heating issue has got me to worry about possible future problems i might face with this mobile. I'm also anxious about the motherboard issue many zenfone 6 users are facing.

View post
Asus updates security patches once every 2 months so everyone is on jan patch and you do one thing keep recording with camera and see if the phone stops recording after sometime due to heat ....if it does it's better to take it service centre
And if it doesn't it's just feeling of new phone....always one or other thing feels wrong so chill

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Dr. Allwyn Vincent Dsouza

Thanks for your quick reply. Yes i know in 4K video recording battery drain is quite expected, but with my mobile even with FHD videos it's happening. Can you please tell me, is your mobile too getting hot in 2 min of FHD recording. Also my mobile is on January security patch with Android 10.

Actually I use my mobile for 2 years and then only upgrade to a new one, but this heating issue has got me to worry about possible future problems i might face with this mobile. I'm also anxious about the motherboard issue many zenfone 6 users are facing.

View post
We can log your phone to find out why this is happening. But please don't tell me that you're standing in the middle of sahara with the sun up while recording with Gcam. That will for sure make your camera very hot regardless of which brand you're using

getjohnalive
Rising Star I
my ZenFone 6 heats up when I am using the camera app too. I don't know if it is hardware or software problem

S4t
Star III
getjohnalive

my ZenFone 6 heats up when I am using the camera app too. I don't know if it is hardware or software problem

View post
Or maybe it's not a problem at all?
You have a powerful processor and a camera module made of metal. You have to expect things to get hot.

Dr__Allwyn_Vinc
Star II
getjohnalive

View post
Actually problem is in Snapdragon 855 Image signal processor, it pulls way more power from battery and that's the reason it gets heated fast. We don't have to worry as every Snapdragon 855 device is behaving like this in terms of camera. I compared it with my friends Redmi K20 Pro and results were same, both get heated while using camera . Also OnePlus 7 users are facing this issue. We have to accept it and keep using our mobile rather than worrying