This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 6 heating issue using camera

Dr__Allwyn_Vinc
Star II
I bought my mobile just last month and in just one month of usage I'm facing this issue. Just 2 minutes of video recording makes right side (back panel + screen) of mobile to get crazy hot. While taking photos also it gets pretty hot.Now this kind of problem should not occur as it's a flagship phone. In normal usage other than camera, no heating is experienced by me.
Please let me know if this issue is only limited when using camera or not ? I don't play games, so can't say if it is also present during playing games as well. Please comment if anyone facing similar issue like me with their Zenfone 6.
10 REPLIES 10

prashanth
Rising Star II
Getting hot is pretty normal when recording videos in 4k and yes using camera drains battery faster it's normal in every phone that's out there

prashanth
Rising Star II
U should play games and test whether it's getting too hot cause i play continously for hours and i there arent such heating or throttling issues that i had to stop playing the game

Dr__Allwyn_Vinc
Star II
Thanks for your quick reply. Yes i know in 4K video recording battery drain is quite expected, but with my mobile even with FHD videos it's happening. Can you please tell me, is your mobile too getting hot in 2 min of FHD recording. Also my mobile is on January security patch with Android 10.
Actually I use my mobile for 2 years and then only upgrade to a new one, but this heating issue has got me to worry about possible future problems i might face with this mobile. I'm also anxious about the motherboard issue many zenfone 6 users are facing.

S4t
Star III
I think part of the "problem" is that unlike most phones, this one has an external camera module. Instead of heating up the back of the phone, only the module gets hot and it will feel hot because it's made of metal. The material used for the module probably also plays a part on the higher temperatures.
I haven't seen anyone complaining about the camera not working, so I guess it's not a big problem.
Regarding the motherboard issue, unless your phone is restarting, you are fine. If it's restarting, send it to ASUS and they'll replace it for free.
My suggestion: use and enjoy your new phone. The "anxiety" of something breaking down will spoil your experience. If a problem appears later on, deal with it then. Right now, you should record as many videos and take as many pictures you want. I mean, that's why you bought the phone, right?