cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waze not connecting to GPS after update to 17.1810.2001.129

mihaiambrono
Star I
Hi,
After each system update, Waze is not connecting to GPS and experiencing the same issue in Google Maps. This is usually sorted out if I restore the phone to factory settings, but I hate doing this all the time. Can you share some guidance on how to fix this without restoring to factory settings?
What I've tried is to:
Reinstall Waze - did not work;
Clear app cache - did not work;
Unistalled Google Maps and reinstalled again - did not work
Thanks,

Alex
10 REPLIES 10

mihaiambrono
Star I
Guys, this is very odd. The issue has been fixed by itself, I've done nothing in particular. Anyone any ideeas?

_jis_
Zen Master III
mihaiambrono

Guys, this is very odd. The issue has been fixed by itself, I've done nothing in particular. Anyone any ideeas?

View post
It seems to me as HW problem. You should wait for mods answer, they probably logs your pohone to identify the culprit.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
mihaiambrono

View post
Sounds like it could be hardware issue. If you want to, we can log your device to find out for sure.
Please reply to this message with a quote or by saying my nickname so I get a notification in case you're interested in logging your device

mihaiambrono
Star I
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/45601#Comment_45601

Sounds like it could be hardware issue. If you want to, we can log your device to find out for sure.

Please reply to this message with a quote or by saying my nickname so I get a notification in case you're interested in logging your device

View post
Apologies for the late response, but yes, it would be greate if you can help me with this. Just let me know what steps I need to follow.

zdnlee7
Star II
I'm also having GPS issue here, can't connect to waze or google map. Perhaps @Anders_ASUS can assist me?