Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS Text messages not arriving on Zenfone 6

Metheldaen
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 6 ZS630KL ASUS_I01WD
Firmware Version: The only information I can find is in Software information -> Kernel version 4.14.117-perf+
Rooted or not: Not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: I think the Highest chance of occurring is when the device is connected to power.
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
On my Zenfone 6 sometimes sms text messages will stop arriving. Usually the feature works fine. I made tests using feature of a web service which sends message to phone number and at these times when it breaks the messages will not appear so I am certain such issue exist. To fix it, resetting device does not always work. The last rime I had to turn airplane mode on for couple of minutes, restart device, turn airplane mode on and off again and after that messaging started to work again. Sending messages works fine at all times it seems. I am using non default messaging program. YAATA currently, QKSMS and Simple SMS Messenger previously and on all of them the issue was appearing.
8 REPLIES 8

_jis_
Zen Master III

_jis_
Zen Master III
Firmware Version: The only information I can find is in Software information -> Kernel version 4.14.117-perf+
Firmware version is listed at the end of the mentioned screen, in my case WW_17.1810.2011.183.

Metheldaen
Star I
I read that thread. I do not believe this is the issue. SMS even from online services do not arrive. It is not that random messages do not appear. Sometimes there is a period during which no messages arrive. Calling works during that time. I have to restart the phone multiple times to start receiving them again. Before using Zenfone 6 I was using Samsung Galaxy Note devices and never had such problem on them.

_jis_
Zen Master III
So did you at least deactivate chat function on your phone in Google Messages?