hewer
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ZenFone 6
Firmware Version: Android 11
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Once
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Today, my Zenfone 6 rebooted all of a sudden, then after a while all I got was a black screen. It had about an 80% charge the last time I checked, but just in case I charged it for an hour before attempting to turn it on again. Still nothing. I contacted Asus Support through chat and got quoted $85 (USD) for just the diagnostic (not including repair) since I bought this phone back in Oct 2019 and it is out of warranty. I suspect this might be a motherboard issue. Anyone know how much it would cost (in USD) to get this repaired through Asus?
5 REPLIES 5

rfa
Rising Star II
I had pretty much the same thing happen to me today.
😞

newnews
Rising Star II
This is big problem of zenfone 6. I wonder if there is similar issue on zenfone 7?

sawantejas14
Star II
I also had the motherboard issue after using it only for 1 year and 4 months. They quoted me Rs. 20000 for an Rs. 28000 phone. Never going to waste my money on this brand again.

hewer
Star II
I'm pretty disappointed that the phone failed after just a year or so of usage. It appears its a common issue with this phone too, so its surprising ASUS won't replace the motherboard for free on a known defect. Charging over 2/3rds the cost of the phone to repair it is ridiculous...