This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance issues in Asus zenfone 6 after upgrading to android 10

gannu_akhil
Star II
Even though the features in android 10 are exciting, there are many performance issues after upgrading to android 10 in Asus 6Z.
Some of the most irritating things I found after upgrading to android 10 are,
1) Fingerprint unlock got slower: Fingerprint unlock takes a long time for the display to unlock. Earlier in Android 9 pie, it was very fast to unlock the display. But now, it takes more than a second(sometimes even more) to unlock and after unlocking the display, unlock animation(transition from lock screen wallpaper to home screen wallpaper) doesn't look fine and we can experience a lag.
2) Too many lags: After the update, I experienced a lot of lags in switching between the recent apps and for general use as well.
3) Battery draining fastly: The most depressing problem I faced is fast draining of the battery after upgrading to the Android 10. Earlier, I had to just charge the phone once in two days, but now I had to charge the battery everyday.
I hope all these bugs get fixed as soon as possible by upcoming updates. Due to these bugs, I am starting to hate my decision of opting for Asus rather than Oneplus.
107 REPLIES 107

parashah32
Star I
Hi,
My phone gets rebooting after I have updated to android 10.. please help.. it's frustrating i am not able to do my work peacefully..

ZT-123df7c8
Star I
Sia con android 9 che 10, qualche volta non legge le impronte e sono costretto a sbloccarlo in altro modo. Lo sblocco con riconoscimento viso non è sempre disponibile, speravo infatti che suddetti problemi migliorassero con android 10

_jis_
Zen Master III
mariozuccala

Sia con android 9 che 10, qualche volta non legge le impronte e sono costretto a sbloccarlo in altro modo. Lo sblocco con riconoscimento viso non è sempre disponibile, speravo infatti che suddetti problemi migliorassero con android 10

View post
_jis_

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/20949#Comment_20949

This is a standard Android security behavior that is of course implemented on ZF6 too:

https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/6285273?hl=en

For security, you'll unlock with your backup PIN, pattern, or password after:

• Your fingerprint isn't recognized after a few tries
  • You restart (reboot) your phone
  • You switch to a different user
  • More than 48 hours have passed since you last unlocked using your backup method

But this security feature is not implemented correctly on ZF6.

We all have experience of how it works on ZF6. I unlock my phone with a fingerprint, but every few days (see above citation from Nexus help) the phone doesn't respond to my fingerprint at all, the screen stays off. Then I have to turn on the phone with the side button and then I see a locked lock on the bottom of the screen. I need to touch it to bring up the PIN input screen.

On all other Android phones, when you touch your finger, the PIN input screen automatically appears when this security situation happens, it is repeated every few days.

View post

Bitan07
Star II
Same problem .... it's tooo irritating

shashankdesai52
Star II
Yes same problem here even after updating to next frimware of android 10...... Feeling like I am using a budget range device..... Solve the problem @Anders_ASUS