This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is everyone's GPS?

Androiduk2016
Star II
I've read a few comments on the forum here about people's GPS (unclear what country) being inaccurate. What has other people's experiences been with their phone? Google maps, running apps etc...
Hopefully we can get some good responses so that if there is a problem, ASUS can see it. 
Thanks! 
23 REPLIES 23

lalabalalalabal
Star III
I have bought my phone from online store in my country (Bulgaria) because oficial Asus retailer not selling it, but i really wanted this phone. My wife's phone i bought it from other online store in Romania. Romanian store approved returning of the phone and tomorrow they are sending a courier to take it and they will restore my money.
About my device... Well... Maybe i will keep it for now because it is the only device that have a 3.5 jack, Micro SD, notification LED, FM radio, SD 855, LCD display (although it is bad on direct sunlight and still have screen flickering, barely visible but is here), no notch. Rattle of the SIM/Micro SD slot ocurs only when i knock on it, still unacceptable! Camera rattling- kinda get used to it. Other problems (excluding the dead phone if its hardware related issue) i think can be solved by Asus dev team.
One more time- the people must make a noise to wake up Asus and to make them to resolve the problems with the AZ6 as soon as possible!

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
I must apologize about the late replies. It's not that we do not want to reply but we, the mods have been focusing on the ROG Phone II launch while some have been on vacation.
I have tried to reply your concerns below to the best of my knowledge

1. GPS and compass. These should perform similar to most phones. There will for sure be some that are better but there are also a lot of phones that are worse.  For a more in depth reply, check my reply in https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/8076/gps-accuracy-is-really-bad#latest 
2. Screen flickering at low brightness. I  have seen a couple of reports but we're selling a lot of ZenFone 6 and I still haven't seen any video showing this issue. I would welcome a video as I have not been able to replicate the flickering myself
3. Earpiece/receiver quality. Most reports comes from India where the environment can be very noisy and we're still looking into how we can improve the call clarity at higher volume.
4. Sudden death. This has only happened to a couple of devices but it will of course sound like it is a common thing as the owners like to share in forums.
5. Rattle from the SIM/SD slot. The only rattle noise I am aware of should come from the camera module and maybe the buttons which have floating design. Please send me a video of this and I will forward it.
6. Faaar away from 600 nits. You may feel that it is not 600 nits but all reviews which have measured the display brightness has measured up to 600 nits.

Axel
Star I
we're selling a lot of ZenFone 6
Sorry for going off topic but may I ask you when we will see a wide availability of the phone, especially when we will get the silver one? There are no shops where we can buy it since weeks, at least here in Europe. This is really annoying.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Axel said:
we're selling a lot of ZenFone 6
Sorry for going off topic but may I ask you when we will see a wide availability of the phone, especially when we will get the silver one? There are no shops where we can buy it since weeks, at least here in Europe. This is really annoying.
I wish I had a good answer to offer you. The availability is a problem which we're working very hard on solving. We regrettably made some wrong choices which made an impact in the efficiency of how many units we can produce. This is what we're trying to correct. 

ColorSage
Zen Master I
I can confirm poor compass reception. Once I record a proof, I will create a thread.