This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Front camera opens automatically with new Instagram update.

Saningx
Star II
Recently I updated Instagram app. Whenever i try to post something on Instagram for which i tap on the front camera pops up. Is it normal or is it a bug?? How to stop it??
5 REPLIES 5

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Saningx

Recently I updated Instagram app. Whenever i try to post something on Instagram for which i tap on the front camera pops up. Is it normal or is it a bug?? How to stop it??

Front camera opens automatically with new Instagram update.
Try to clear cache & data of instagram by going to
Settings>apps&notifications>storage>clear cahe & clear storage.
Then,Restart app & relogin in instagram
If issue still remains try to restart your device & check again.
If still same problem than change the camera permissions of instagram by turning it off as a temperoray solution.
Thanks!

Saningx
Star II
amitgarde3

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/42379/front-camera-opens-automatically-with-new-instagram-upd...

Try to clear cache & data of instagram by going to

Settings>apps&notifications>storage>clear cahe & clear storage.

Then,Restart app & relogin in instagram

If issue still remains try to restart your device & check again.

If still same problem than change the camera permissions of instagram by turning it off as a temperoray solution.

Thanks!

View post
No it didn't work..

Saningx
Star II
VS-KR

Instagram like Snapchat saves which camera was previously used. If you don't want to trigger selfie mode next time, switch thanks to 🔄 button.

screenshot-20201226-144527242-281-29.png

By the way, the Flip Camera reacts only if the system needs the front camera ...

So if Instagram makes the camera flipping, then it's because it requires it (even if you don't have any preview on the screen). Apart from that, seeing the camera moving is a good indicator if an application is "spying" us or not 🤭

View post
Before update the camera used to remain off, but now as soon as I tap on button to post something, the front camera too opens up(flips up)

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Saningx

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/142849#Comment_142849

Before update the camera used to remain off, but now as soon as I tap on button to post something, the front camera too opens up(flips up)

View post
Can you try this
Open instagram click on "" let camera flip than click on this camera icon you see below and change your front camera to back camera let camera module go back to its original place
screenshot-20201226-213513886-281-29.jpg
Than minimise and see if camera again auto flips
If not than clear instagram from recent apps and restart instagram click on and see if module behaves same
Thanks!