cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fingerprint sensor is not working after Android 10 upgrade

Ishan
Star III
CU6DW1M5Z46Y.jpg
After upgrading to android 10, strangely fingerprint sensor stopped working and in the settings as well everything related to "fingerprint" keyword is missing!
12 REPLIES 12

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
The next step would be a factory reset after backing up your data. That should clear out any software related issue that is causing the fingerprint sensor to malfunction.

vlasta_vasicek
Rising Star I
why doesn't ASUS admit that he has broken something? nobody wants to lose data by default because of a programmer error. Make the correct functional version, containing fixes from android 9 and everyone will be happy. the factory reset hints are not logical. nobody wants to do a factory reset after the upgrade. this is an asus error

e_f_chan
Star III
I have this issue too, weird thing is that it was working fine initially after the update 😞

e_f_chan
Star III
Just to update, a reboot seems to have fixed this! I can now see Fingerprint in Settings with the two set up from before

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
vlasta.vasicek

why doesn't ASUS admit that he has broken something? nobody wants to lose data by default because of a programmer error. Make the correct functional version, containing fixes from android 9 and everyone will be happy. the factory reset hints are not logical. nobody wants to do a factory reset after the upgrade. this is an asus error

View post
It's not that easy. Writing perfect code with zero risk of bugs doesn't exist. All the settings and the software installed on your device makes it close to unique. To find out what exactly causes this issue is very hard and time consuming. More time consuming than a reset even though we are aware of the dreadful process of backing up, reinstalling, the setup and all that.
It's also the best way to know if you have a software or hardware issue, even though we can be quite sure on that it's caused by software