This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback/Suggestions regarding the Google Pay app & query regarding DTS audio.

Vru26
Star III
1. Google Pay
This is a pre-installed app but being an Indian user this app seems to be useless because the Google Play Store listing of this app says "App no longer compatible with your device." Please refer the attached screenshot of the same. So I was wondering if this can be removed in the future updates or uninstall option can be provided.
s96l5ozv86ys.jpg
2. DTS audio
The third party music player apps provide an option to switch to Hi-res audio output. When the option is enabled via third party app, the DTS audio setting shows that its not compatible with Hi-res output (attaching a screenshot of the same). So does that mean the device's by default  output is not Hi-res? If yes then why isn't a switch provided anywhere to switch to Hi-res? Many users use the default Google Music app so how can they use this Hi-res audio feature if there's no native way to switch it on? This needs to be addressed in the up coming updates.
wa89rpdw0x43.jpg
13 REPLIES 13

ColorSage
Zen Master I
Audio source has to be HiRes, it has nothing to do with EQ.

Vru26
Star III
ColorSage said:
Audio source has to be HiRes, it has nothing to do with EQ.
Then what's your opinion about that message being shown? I don't think the default output is Hi-res because otherwise such message wouldn't have been shown.

ColorSage
Zen Master I
Hi-Res doesn't work with "default output" because it is determined by audio source. If a player generates Hi-Res audio output of let's say 192 kHz DTS will detect it and disable itself to avoid sound alteration(I guess that was the idea). In other cases, ie system sounds, Spotify, Youtube audio output is 44.1/48kHz so it will not be Hi-Res.

Vru26
Star III
ColorSage said:
Hi-Res doesn't work with "default output" because it is determined by audio source. If a player generates Hi-Res audio output of let's say 192 kHz DTS will detect it and disable itself to avoid sound alteration(I guess that was the idea). In other cases, ie system sounds, Spotify, Youtube audio output is 44.1/48kHz so it will not be Hi-Res.
Okay may be it switches automatically but disabling it does not make sense such enhancements are good and improves the overall experience. Any idea where can I find some hi res content? Also any Asus person can confirm this behaviour?