This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checking SD Card bootloop

simondedman
Star III
My Zenfone 6 has been working great. I have a 400gb SD card in it with 350gb of music and that's been working fine also.
I just decided to restart the phone, and it got into a kind of bootloop:
Phone starts, gets to unlock location, can unlock or leave locked, if locked shows notification
"Checking SanDisk SD Card...
Reviewing current content"
If I unlock it says
"Phone is starting..." with a spinning progress bar.
And after a few minutes, it reboots.
I can boot with the SD card out then put it in while the phone is on but after a few minutes I guess the phone does a check of the SD card and then it reboots.
It seems this is a software bug with how the system deals with SD card content, potentially it has some timeout which causes the reboot if it takes too long?
Please advise if I can generate logs so y'all can fix this because the SD card slot was one of my top 2 purchase reasons for this phone.
Thanks.

Oh p.s. if one clicks "remember me" on the login screen for this forum, logins don't work. Please fix this bug (or remove remember me)
21 REPLIES 21

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
simondedman

That looks to have worked a treat. @_jis_ thanks again so much, I'll be having a strongly worded email support ticket exchange with Synology, who seem to be going from weakness to weakness in the last few years, turning working products into buggy messes.

I think I'll celebrate tonight by sitting in my car and not driving anywhere 🙂

View post
I feel like I'm being trolled for "simulated driving". 😉

simondedman
Star III
Haha, only gently, it did make me laugh 🙂