This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

charging port is unreliable

Recently I have been having issues with my charging port. Sometimes when I plug it in it works fine other times I only get slow charging and other times I get a notification that it is charging and then it stops immediately after. I thought it could be the cable at first, but I have tried multiple cables and it happens with all of them. I'm very concerned because this could be a hardware issue and I don't plan on getting a new phone anytime soon.
16 REPLIES 16

kikoly
Hall of Fame II
You can try blowing the adapter with a hair dryer, and many people respond that charging is normal after heating the adapter.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
I don't know if this MacGyver tip will work. If it doesn't then please contact your local ASUS support

jay_kunwar66
Star III
I was facing same issue
Now after last update my charging port heated up and almost burnt my charging port 😭😭😭
And I'm not the only one with charging post issues
This phone has some serious issue but asus doesn't care about
I have done a great mistake

_jis_
Zen Master III
Now after last update my charging port heated up and almost burnt my charging port 
Carefully clean your USB connector and cable from any dirt, moisture, fibers.
These problems have nothing to do with updates, but only with the environment in which the phone is used, what you have at the bottom in your pocket except the phone and so on.