This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera on lock screen after Android 10 update

coderedcomputin
Star II
As title says, there is now a camera quick access from the lock screen. No password/pin needed. Just swipe and click away.
Anyone see any options for turning this feature off? I've seen nothing in security or camera settings.
11 REPLIES 11

kikoly
Hall of Fame II
After turning on the camera with the camera shortcut, you can only take photos and see the photos you just took, and you can't see other photos on the user's phone.
If you want to turn on the camera and need a password, try adding the camera to the app lock.

coderedcomputin
Star II
kikoly

After turning on the camera with the camera shortcut, you can only take photos and see the photos you just took, and you can't see other photos on the user's phone.

If you want to turn on the camera and need a password, try adding the camera to the app lock.

View post
Totally understand, but... You don't work in my office. While I was dealing with a customer issue, my coworkers grabbed my locked phone and took nearly 400 photos. Trying to figure out how to kill the shortcut so this doesn't happen again.

kikoly
Hall of Fame II
coderedcomputing

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/26169#Comment_26169

Totally understand, but... You don't work in my office. While I was dealing with a customer issue, my coworkers grabbed my locked phone and took nearly 400 photos. Trying to figure out how to kill the shortcut so this doesn't happen again.

View post
The camera shortcut in Lock Screen cannot be cancelled, although many people have mentioned similar suggestions before.

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
coderedcomputing

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/26169#Comment_26169

View post
That sounds so terrible I might legitimately complain to HR about it.
I hear you on the opt out request for this feature, I'm passing it on to the software team.