This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto retract camera improvement

alexalbert03
Rising Star I
So it just happens that when we place the phone on a desk or somewhere with camera facing down, the snug fit camera comes a bit out ( a tiny bit) due to force we keep it and becomes marginally lose.
And over time with more such activities it becomes visibly lose. Although I understand you guys have perfectly placed the camera retract button in the quick toggle for just this, my suggestion is like if you did an auto retract feature every 30 minutes or something .
My understanding is , if we press the retract button even if camera is snug , the motor doesn't overdrive and some limiting algorithm is present. So if that's the case auto retracting it shouldn't cause much problem. I am still unaware of the battery impact though, just an idea I had.
2 REPLIES 2

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
I am not sure if this is possible. That kind of behavior may damage the motor over time. This is the same reason the camera module doesn't lock in place.
But I will forward this request to the developers. Thank you for taking the time to post it!

alexalbert03
Rising Star I
LP_ASUS

I am not sure if this is possible. That kind of behavior may damage the motor over time. This is the same reason the camera module doesn't lock in place.

But I will forward this request to the developers. Thank you for taking the time to post it!

View post
@LP_ASUS Thank you